WTB: Water Soluble CBD (Microencapsulated Nanoemulsion?)

Hey All,

Anyone here slanging some water soluble CBD powder in the Central/Northern CA area? Need to get my hands on 1-3 kilos and am curious what a reasonable price per kilo would be. Needs to be an option that will remain dissolved and shelf stable for a reasonable amount of time in a PH adjusted water based product. I also need COAs in order to purchase.

Thanks,
-Butane

2 Likes

Just sent you a DM with all the info on our Water Soluble CBD.

Oh adjusted to what?

Probably in the 3-3.5 PH range to ensure long term shelf stability

@Butane, SoluScience specializes in water soluble ingredients. We are crystal clear in water with on-set times of 3 to 9 minutes. Because we are not an emulsion and we do not use sonification, ultrasonification, or microfluidics, our molecules will not stick to the sides or bottom of containers. They will not fall out of solution, they are misable. We are highly shelf stable. In edition, we are not fully encapsulated, so the canna inside tests properly on COAs. Give us a call 800.945.4829

8 Likes

Also looking for water soluble. Shoot a DM if you have any.

1 Like

Can you send a sample?

1 Like

@Rowan Yes. Please provide shipping address.

Hey.
I produce water soluble CBD for a beverage manufacturer in the midwest. My background is in synthetic chemistry. I worked in drug development for the federal government and in toxicology/pharmacology.
The stuff I make is all food grade ingredients. No synthetic surfactants. Its 150mg/mL and we have stability for about 6 months in the bulk solution. That is still an ongoing study.
We produce a few company’s cbd sparkling waters. Our emulsion holds potency for at least 6 months refrigerated and currently going on 4 months at ambient temperature.
There’s no taste in plain water at up to 40mg/12oz fluid. It is not clear, but we have clients purchase their own from other manufacturers and I currently haven’t seen any that are as stable or high quality as what we produce. It holds up at pH values as low as 3.0 in final products. We’re also able to provide a cost far below what is currently available on the market.

4 Likes

sonification, eh? miscible? BPA adhesion as a function of being an emulsion or not? throw up the pharmacokinetic data for the 3-9min onset with the method and matrix of consumption, that’s impressive.

4 Likes

MadTown,

Please DM me when you get a chance. If you happen to have a price sheet I could look at that would be great.

TIA

1 Like

@chempisty - On this public forum, the best I can do is show the proof that we are at 32 nanometers. Which provides for the super fast on-set time / crystal clear in water. In addition, we are happy to send you a SoluScience sample to experience for yourself. Here is the Microtrac particle size report.

Microtrac - SoluScience - Particle Size Lab Report - P4561.pdf (515.0 KB)

This chapter goes over the methods likely used by soluscience to produce their waxy flake.

I did have a call with them at one point actually, and I asked them about surfactants used (you know, I need to know the ingredient deck to actually use this in a product). They said surfactants weren’t present in the final product, but were “reacted” to form the flake so they wouldn’t need to be listed as an ingredient. This likely isn’t an accurate description as no chemical reaction takes place and the emulsifier serves a function in the final product and must be listed! What they were really describing is not much different than a traditional emulsion - you aren’t reacting the surfactant but rather incorporating it into the hard fat shell.

Overall I actually like the approach soluscience took for water soluble, I just hate how cagey they are about ingredients and process - this isn’t novel tech. I found their product to be nearly tasteless and had great clarity even at high doses. It also had better stability, particularly to hot water, than most nanoemulsions I have made or received samples of.

@chempistry when I asked for data on the onset time, they basically said they just feel it lol. So I don’t think the data exists.

10 Likes

This link appears to no longer work. Does anyone know what the original article was?

Can you send me details about your water soluble products?

Thanks

hello, do you still have water soluble cbd? have you ever tried mixing it up with alcool?

1 Like

I see you just joined good Sir! Welcome to the future!
I would hazard a guess, and say that yes, it would mix perfectly fine with alcohol. The cannabinoids are soluble in alcohols. The whole “water soluble” thing is a misnomer (to me anyway) because it isn’t truly water soluble. It’s an emulsion that allows for the mixing and suspension in water, but isn’t truly water soluble. I may be completely wrong on this, and hopefully if I am someone will correct me. However that’s how I see things from my perspective!

2 Likes

@brothers.md - Yes, you can mix with alcohol, however, then you would fall under the jurisdiction of the ATF, if you are making a retail product.

1 Like

That was a good explanation i think. The emulsion is going to have a pretty complex matrix which

1 Like

Can you send me information and prices please