WTB: Water Soluble CBD (Microencapsulated Nanoemulsion?)

Yes, I’ll send via PM.

what is MN compared to this? : Imperial™ Plasma Granules - Kazmira LLC

1 Like

hint: ask google scholar for ghanbarzadeh 2019 thusly

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Ghanbarzadeh+2019

or inspect the link given above, and substitute in the current scihub mirror

broken:

https://sci-hub.tw/downloads/2019-10-20/d5/ghanbarzadeh2019.pdf

works:

https://sci-hubtw.hkvisa.net/downloads/2019-10-20/d5/ghanbarzadeh2019.pdf
5 Likes

takes CBD, which is soluble in ethanol, pays extra to have shit added to it to make it water soluble. wants to dissolve it in ethanol…

:man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Whats going on here! :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

There’s water in Alcohol, dont you know?
/s

1 Like

yep. best way to get it ALL is to set the EtOH on fire…

2 Likes

When @cyclopath teaches Gen Chem better than Khan Academy… :joy:

1 Like

Who’s got water soluble CBD?

American Shaman in KC

1 Like

@Chriatian You’ve got a good eye and nose for sourcing. Appreciate your talent.

2 Likes

Im with Superior Molecular. DM me and we can discuss some product offerings.

Our shelf life clears months, we have flavorless products, clear products, or products that have a mild bitter taste which can be masked easily into tasty finished products.

We have partnered with major breweries in the Minnesota market and can provide samples of tasty and effective finished products.

Been reading the Ghanbarzadeh Chapter closely. Very clear explanation of the science behind viable “drug delivery” methods for oral water-based CBD.

How did you find this resource?

What was your search procedure?

I performed a cursory 15-20 min search procedure the other day, and struck out (granted, I recognize that that’s not much effort):

(1) went to b-ok.cc (collection of free textbooks)

(2) searched a few key words related to emulsions and surfactants and food science etc…

Perhaps that’s where I went wrong. Maybe I should have been searching for “hydrophobic” “bioactive” “active ingredient” “drug delivery” “oral” “water soluble” ???

1 Like

Idk exactly how I found that when I did, but I read a lot of journal articles on this subject.

I usually search google scholar to find a journal article on a topic which leads me down a bunch of rabbit holes from the references. When I don’t know much about a subject I usually start with a review paper and then read a lot of the references too.

IIRC, Soluscience had said something about a waxy solid and not needing specialized equipment when I talked to them, so i started googling “solid lipid nanoparticles” and “waxy nanoparticle” and “low energy emulsion hard fat” just stuff like that.

2 Likes

Very smart. It makes a ton of sense what im reading in here.

I feel like this basic information will really improve my ability to innovate or at minimum, execute independently without relying on someone else’s marketable IP.

Anyone have any experience with low energy nano emulsions with quillaja/lecithin?

I’ve tried it, and I can’t recommend trying without a lot of patience. It’s super finicky, impossible to scale, and doesn’t have good stability. I was standing by my hotplate with a beaker for an hour, slowly dripping trying to get it to form and wondered why am I doing this? I wasn’t working with quillaja, so it may work with that, but I really cannot abide the taste.

If you want to get the equipment to do this on a larger scale, I think there is still room for that, but otherwise, stick to high pressure, high shear, or ultrasound to get good emulsions.

3 Likes

I agree with this - use the right equipment for scale. I had success with spontaneous nanoemulsions up to about 500 mL scale. Not with quillaja, really doubt that would work. Photo is post 0.22 micron filtration nano emulsion made with a stirring hotplate.

2 Likes

That’s really good! What was your equipment? I’m guessing a poly sorbate system or a lysolecithin.

Damn very cool