World's First Trichome Pump!

Thanks for your comments.

Just to clarify, we are testing 1 kilogram of dry hash in a slurry. We will recirculate it for an hour simulating 120 kg or so of hash passing through the pump. I think that may be enough to prove the point. We shall see.

I haven’t seen (doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist) any other manufacturer even attempt to prove (with data) that their pumps don’t damage hash. What I have seen is Flotronics pumps white-labeled and sold for “X” times the cost. I like Flotronics pumps, nothing wrong with them BTW.

All (pretty sure) Sanitary AODD pumps above half an inch are 4 figures. Our pump is about a third the price of the competition, so there is that.

I think people pay the green tax because they trust the reputation of some companies and the reputation of some producers who vouch for the products. When challenging the status quo no doubt there will be pushback, but many people are stuck in their ways and terrified of change. I think there is a better way to do things and we are working hard to push the art of making hash forward. Get on board or not, regardless, change is coming!

1 Like

The issue I have with this is that those trichomes that get completely destroyed would not be part of your analysis, thus the data collected would be misleading.

1 Like

fluimac pump with extra marketing. im not trying to be rude but all your stuff is just sourced somewhere else with your sticker on it.

Noted, and sorry you feel that way.

I’d love for you to take a look at the video and read the thread. Lots more going on than a sticker.

But thanks for the comments.

1 Like

super fair.

1 Like

Trichome shearing is rarely an all or none situation. Broken/sheared trichomes are easily identified with a lower resolution microscope. Consider a dissecting microscope, set to its highest power.

Great video, Charles. Looking forward to hearing how this product does in the marketplace.

1 Like

Much appreciate all the comments here. You really made me think about things I wasn’t particularly open to.

So we sourced lots of biomass today and I shipped out the hash pump. (I’m in Miami and have no lab.)

Hash will be extracted and freeze-dried to be sure weights are exact and the sample is homogenous and quartered correctly.

We will test the 3 pumps at the same temperature and flow rate.

Additionally, we will test water temperature from start to finish to analyze how much heat these put into the system.

The water volume will be low to simulate longer use, probably 5 or 20 gallons. Most hash water is half a percent solids and we will run at 5.2% or perhaps 1.3%.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Insight?

7 Likes

But does it matter if it’s replaces or repaired according to their warranty process! Again, in my opinion.

People are tripping over white labeling… Doesn’t matter if it’s cannabis hemp or actual pumps. It happened and as long as the company follows through with what the company says they will do I don’t see anything wrong with it.

3 Likes

Sounds good! Let’s see it!

Agreed. We offer 100% money-back guarantee, no questions asked. If you don’t love the pump, return it for a full refund.

5 Likes

As long as you follow through with your terms I have absolutely no problem with anything!

No one else should either I mean it’s getting a little ridiculous

5 Likes

come on and kick me…

nah seriously he ASKED for it:

…and as the loving community we are, such feedback was quickly provided :rofl:

said feedback has also be beautifully handled imo.

my current hash pump is too small, but that is entirely off topic. ... and the solvent in the tube goes round and round

5 Likes

Though we are running tests with 3 pumps with the hash (will post results on YouTube), I decided to make the Boba video again.

This video uses a 1" Debem pump which uses the traditional ball and cage system. We ran this pump very slowly, but the video is 2x speed so it wouldn’t be so boring.

As expected, the pump shreds the balls.

Full disclosure, this is not the same test as we did with the Hash pump since we are using Blueberry Boba and not Strawberry as before.

3 Likes

All things considered… those boba balls look to be pretty in tact for the most part

2 Likes

What about all the empty casings in his hands?

2 Likes

I was expecting them to get minced by the way he said “shreds”. Seems like trichs wouldn’t be much of a problem seeing how in tact those boba balls came through a regular 1" AODD - but looking forward to his tests with hash and seeing through a microscope.

2 Likes

I should add this should be freshly made hash because if it’s left to sit around and degrade that won’t be representative of what the pump is actually marketed for and will be MUCH more likely to damage trichs - which no hashmaker worth his weight would be doing.

You pump the hash, you pull the bags, you scoop it on the tray, you freeze dry it.

Once you freeze dry it then your results will have real-world applications - otherwise you are cherrypicking parts of the process you want to take part in when no company compartmentalizes the hash making process. I.e. companies may take FF from other farms, but they’re not washing hash then passing it down the line to the next company to process it then having another person FD it then another person press it…this is all done in-house and so is the washing otherwise the whole point is moot.

5 Likes

We are washing on Monday to begin real world tests. It will be freshly extracted hash, but obviously not high quality like a Kalya or 710Labs. Should have results in a few weeks since we need to freeze dry and get lab results as well. To be impartial we are not doing the tests ourselves nor are we using a Mesclatore as the pump will work with any system.

8 Likes

me too!

:popcorn:

8 Likes