World's First Trichome Pump!

The tail of that video is choice

1 Like

Wow someone watched my video. You made my day! :partying_face:

5 Likes

The end made you seem way more real than just a salesmen. Not that I thought that, but it gave some awesome authenticity to sambo creeck.

ā€œgot boba all over my fucking pumpā€

5 Likes

@SamboCreeck.com correct me if Iā€™m mistaken but donā€™t you have a background in engineering and designing mining equipment? Which would certainly be applicable to sieving.

1 Like

Yes, correct. In a past life, I was a miner.

The bucket vibrator is a nifty little gadget and does actually work better than hand agitation. I figured most people already have bags and buckets so this may make sense. If they could afford the real deal they would just buy it outright? Right?

Anyways that was my train of thought when making this thing. It can be improved and cost reduced as we mass manufacture. For now, itā€™s a cool gadget some may appreciate, especially those with smaller budgets. I would not recommend it to a professional operation but I do understand that a rotary vibrating sieve is expensive.

In my opinion, sieve technology has been perfected and there isnā€™t much to invent. Also, in my opinion, a sieve is the way to go for this application and is why bubble bags are popular. We have tested this enough to know what works and how to streamline the workflow in a lab. I am confounded why so many companies are trying to invent the sieve when you can just buy it from so many amazing manufacturers that have experience in this field, e.g. Vibrowest. Green Tax perhaps? Who caresā€¦

We work with https://vibrowest.it/en/ and they Whitelabel for us. At some point, Iā€™ll post a video of their Milan factory tour Monica did last December. The place is huge and just awesome. There are also amazing US companies that make sieves like Russell Finex and many others. Unfortunately, they donā€™t have a clue about hash but do make the machines. If you need advice on how to deploy sieving into your lab, look at the youtube video above or hire us to explain and/or source the right sieve for you.

@ThePhilosopherStoned much appreciate the questions and comments. All of you really.

1 Like

So we had a better idea to test the pump. Here is what we will do.

We have 3 pumps.

1. AODD 1" which represents the control.
  2. Hash pump.
  3. Patented Low Shear Electric Centrifugal pump. (once vetted we will sell this as well)

A sample of hash from the same biomass will be collected, homogenized and parted. 3 representative samples will be used. 1 kg per sample.
We will recirculate trichomes for 1 hour.
The flow rate will be exactly the same on all 3 pumps and the water temperature will be kept constant.

At the end of the trial, we will freeze dry and weigh the hash, and report the weight.
The recirculation water will be analyzed for terpenes and potency.

Thoughts? Comments?

8 Likes

Why not test yours against the fluimac p400?

1 Like

Because we donā€™t have one unfortunately and it would take 3 months to get one. I think a normal ball and cage AODD would be a close enough representation. Also, maybe using a smaller pump would better illustrate the point since most labs are using 1" pumps from Flotronics or ARO-type.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the max solids rating on:

1 Like

Depends on the pump but about 4mm. Size of solids is not the concern with hash iā€™d say.

How about for boba pumping :stuck_out_tongue:

Saw yours is around 16mm which is ~4x mine

1 Like

You know trichomes were the size of grains of sand last week but this week theyā€™ve raised significantly in size.

Yeah Iā€™ve got a bucket of golf balls right next to me, myself. Boy is the squishin` gonna be hard today.

7 Likes

Here are a few pictures of the diaphragm of a normal AODD pump. This pump has purposefully not been cleaned so we can evaluate points of concern in the pump. At this point, the pump had processed many tons of biomass from a Mesclatore. Notice how the diaphragms slam against the pump outer case wall and crush the trichomes. Every cycle as the hash settles and concentrates on the bottom of the pump, some get crushed on the bottom. This is why we made the tolerances greater and used a pump with large displacement to avoid this.

Most pumps slam their diaphragms with the pump casing as best as possible to increase how much fluid they can pump. In mining, we had issues with this because sand would eat up the diaphragms quickly and added downtime. Good AODD pumps for sand have ā€œAbrasion Padsā€ which basically separate the diaphragm from the pump case. In this case, the Pad takes the abuse. We rolled with this principle of separating the diaphragm from the wall by changing the clearance as a pad would promote trichome damage.

I take it it didnā€™t go so well?

Havenā€™t run it through yet - will post results either way

2 Likes

Needed coffee and math is hard - 1kg isnā€™t shit. Wash 14-15 if you want to get on the level of who youā€™re selling these to.

NOW - 1kg of fresh frozen dimension-wise is barely enough for a 5 gallon bucket. I would say youā€™re lucky if you reached half a bucket. Letā€™s put this in perspective. You are doing a test to sell your 4 figure pump with barely enough material to fill up a 5 gallon bucket? Halfway no less!

Why canā€™t you do the test with commercial amounts? Youā€™re selling it for commercial purposes. Iā€™d say at least 15,000g of fresh frozen is what we need to see PER batch or else why the hell are we going to let you test 1/15th of the workload on it and think itā€™s ok to spend over 2k on?

Thereā€™s reasons why people pay the green tax for some companies. Itā€™s because they do testing thatā€™s relevant to what we do for a living. What we love. Our way of life. We know the outcomes they list have been proven - expensive, but proven by people who know what theyā€™re doing. The fact that you want to use boba balls to test a pump that sends material the size of grains of sand says all of that right there and if that wasnā€™t evident enough the fact that you want to use what equals out to barely anything to test a very expensive product really underlines it.

Do they test John Deere tractors by plowing out an area the size of a few parking spaces and then clear them for public use? All while having a ā€˜talking down to the peonsā€™ attitude the whole time? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Spot on.

Sorry need more coffee.

1 Like

Milk fat shear assays might not be the best way to test for trichome shearing. Better to use a trichome shear assay. Do you have a microscope? If so, you can use it to determine the percent of trichomes sheared.

2 Likes

Spot on.

To put this another way: The underlying premise of biostatistics is that if one is not able to quantify a difference, one should seriously consider the possibility that there is no (quantifiable) difference.

2 Likes