World's First Trichome Pump!

They are from Sambo creek in south America

3 Likes

I for one am not hating my friend, just bringing it up as a point on optics, cuz they matter in todayā€™s world. and I donā€™t even really have strong feelings, just interested. others might

2 Likes

Ignore that, we made the first one ok?

There is a small portion of people who would love to cancel a company over that. Which is my concern.

Idc what you name your company, but a small portion of people in the world, who arenā€™t the most mentally prepared or stable, might care enough to the point they will be singing Walking On Sunshine if they see your company fall. Due to a name.

The Sambo pump was just released and Iā€™ve been using the pure pressure model for at least 7 months. I honestly would not purchase either of these of these pumps without a side by side comparison to the standard issue diaphragm pump I bought for $700. If the yields were affected by even 0.1% that would equate to an extra 113 grams of rosin valued at $25 per gram wholesale in our market. Thatā€™s $2,837 additional revenue per week at the 250 lb (per week) volume we wash (on a slow week).

So thatā€™s a 118% ROI in 7 days.

8 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with gravity?

3 Likes

You guys do 200k a week in rosin? 10k finished grams?

Or Iā€™m bad at math?

Nope, your estimations are correct. Though I find it hard to imagine processing 11,000 grams of rosin per week. Absolutely fk that.

Itā€™s a staggered process. If you want more info pay me for my time.

We white label for 3 of the biggest brands in the state that collectively have shelf space in 900+ dispensaries, we wholesale to a dozen deliveries, over 30 dispensaries, then we own 2 dispensaries and a delivery, and then thereā€™s the 10+ distros we sell to.

So yaā€¦what is so hard to believe?

10 Likes

We claim we made a pump specifically for the application, instead of white labeling one already made.
You can find the pump you mentioned here:

1 Like

Yup. Many thanks. Proud of it too. Funny how the conversation is everything but the pump. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Tends to happen on this site

4 Likes

The pump in the video says ā€œFluimacā€ on it :rofl:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the issue, where a side-by-side comparison would be difficult. So many variables would affect yield making it hard to test. Thatā€™s why we did the Boba ball test to prove a point. I should have done one with a regular pump but it didnā€™t even occur to me.

The only test I found that enlightened me on the pumpā€™s effect was on the shear. There is a patent for a pump we sell (we just resell as the inventor is on point) which is a low shear centrifugal pump. He measured pumping milk. When milk fat shears the acidity increases or something like that, I forget. Anyways, he took several centrifugal pumps and his impeller design was night and day compared to the others, with less acidity indicating less shear.

Shear will cut the trichomes and show up as lower yields. We did the research with the manufacturer (Fluimac) using CFD and DEM until shear was reduced as much as possible. This is mainly why I didnā€™t think of doing the Boba test since I already know that the Hash pump has far less shear than the standard ball and cage setup which is almost identical to most AODD pumps.

Anyways, using a pump that saves you 0.1% is huge when at scale. We care about the end userā€™s bottom line so we price right and do our homework. We work with manufacturers that are growing and so open to inventing new products, but large enough that they know what they are doing. Andrea and his family used to be partners with Debem and have been making pumps forever. ARO or other big companies would not be interested in a product that might only sell a few hundred pumps a year.

2 Likes

They are the manufacturer, and that pump is one of a kind for demo. Once we get our production run it will be branded. We white label pumps if anyone is interested, fully customized to any spec you need. So by all means buy Fluimac or Sambo pumps as it helps us out!

1 Like

we white label pumps = we take an existing pump, slap a sticker on it, add the green tax

3 Likes

In short, we rebrand pumps

2 Likes

Simple request here - can we see some hash that was made using your pump to transfer fluids? A lot of the base claims here were that the pump damages trichs less - respectfully, is there a way we can see that with more the end result of what we do for a living vs Boba. Though speaking as a guy who loves bubble tea though I donā€™t hate the Boba idea but hash would probably be way more advantageous for you guys in this scenario.

A side by side between your pump and another with a skilled washer manning the experiments using the same FF material for both washes would illustrate everything youā€™re trying to convey here

7 Likes

Please detail a method to do so. My concern is that it would be difficult to quantify the difference. If there is a difference in yields, how would you ensure it is because of the pumps? Maybe the samples were slightly different, maybe agitation played a part, etc etc. How can you truly calculate this?

Depends on what youā€™re trying to illustrate be it quality or yield. One thing you were speaking about is how trichs were damaged less. Easy way to do that is pumping with one pump vs yours while using all the same conditions across the board and check out the trichs after a freeze dry run with a microscope to see if thereā€™s any damage detected on pump A vs your pump. You can use similar methods to check yields minus the microscope check, simply just a scale. I would compare all results vs gravity feed and include all variables like drain time, and ESPECIALLY water temperature of the pump output as that (to me) is one of the largest things that could potentially hammer a wash into the ground. Hash donā€™t like that warm water.

I am simply highlighting things that someone like me - a guy who washes hash multiple times a week keeps in the forefront of their mind.

(See I can actually be constructive sometimes!!!)

4 Likes