World's First Trichome Pump!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/smartpond-2000-GPH-Submersible-Waterfall-Pump/1000597079

plus

https://www.amazon.com/Bubble-Gallon-Extract-Washing-Machine/dp/B0060AY8G6

and a few metal clamps.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the pepsi challenge if I’m given a pump to run I’ll run it, but to me it seems like a large large tax for something that works cheap. I have been proven wrong before.

4 Likes

I agree with some of what you say. We are drafting a Blog post on this very topic.

I agree on that we are too anal about pumping in general and if your pump situation work, it works! I also believe trichomes are more robust than most think.

I disagree on fast being better. Centrifugal pumps (fast centrifugal impellers) can shear your trichomes and for the most part it will show up as lower yields. How much losses are the question… is it negligible or not? Yes heat is an issue but so is velocity and shear, as well as pressure. Also, draining a huge vessel directly to a bag can also mess up your trichomes.

I’ll eventually post the blog post. Here is a post on Lyophilizers:

For home use that looks like a good option. Any losses from the impeller would not be noticeable. On an industrial scale, which is our market, that would not work. Over time the losses compound. Also, the pond pump is not FDA Sanitary so you couldn’t use it in a real lab. But again at home, it’s no biggie. Our hash pump is 6,000 GPH so you can run it slow and at less pressure.

1 Like

I’ve done 14,000g runs with it. I am pretty sure it would work…

6 Likes

No doubt about it, but not in a regulated environment.

Not belittling your setup at all. Very cool and simple solution. I like it.

If I can find some of those boba balls, I’m going to run them through this and post the results…

14 Likes

Asian grocery store. Now go with christ.

13 Likes

Looks like the wine pump that comes on the pig’s.

1 Like

I guess if you figure a way to put a square block in a square hole with only a sight shift in the size of the block you should be awarded! I-no-v-a-ti-on!

Just teasing

Can I’z hash faster, and better? If so please articulate it for us. Sorry homie, not watching a video made for the sale of the product. Please provide the specs here for us to review?

Congrats on the new product, and good luck on the launch! I mean that sincerely! A good product will sell itself, and bad product will sell until it doesn’t…

4 Likes

Specs are on the website. We post those videos because it is not feasible to answer everyone individually. Wish we had the time but the day is just too short.

1 Like

That’s a Teflon pump? 1"? How much did that set you back? Looks nice.

Cool, and I completely understand! I could go check out the website, but I’m not in need of a pump. I’m really trying to help you out because the majority of the people here only need to see about 1.5 sheets worth of the information (imo).

Maybe you would have done bit better by posting that info and cool pictures. Just my opinion, and I have no malicious intent. Next time I’ll DM whomever…

I’m not trying to drag people through shit, or bust balls. I’m just here to kind of hang because I’m trapped in a vehicle with nothing to do, and can speak as myself. Just trying to help really. All of the talk because you could have posted the video and a screenshot that would have avoided most questions that have been asked up to this point. Now you want me to work to buy your product?

3 Likes

ea90f9cca28d2021c5c7b0b1a71de1f0f1ecdf57_2_666x500
Secret sword?

1 Like

It’s a polypropylene Graco Husky 1040… I think the current model is 1050 which sell for ~$1500 in polypropylene. 2" on the pump itself, the triclamp bits I coupled with it are smaller - that’s all I had on hand to mess around with.

Not sure what you mean

Just ordered some - should have them to mess around with next week.

@SamboCreeck.com what PSI were you pumping at in the video?

6 Likes

I didn’t measure the pump pressure just the air pressure which was about 50 PSI.

1 Like

i’m more interested in the choice given the dubious history of the word ‘sambo’ :grimacing:

5 Likes

Russian Sambo??

That’s all I can think of

Edit: thanks to urban dictionary I now know what you are referring too

2 Likes
2 Likes

Did it come out before this trichome pump?

3 Likes

As well as a place in Honduras, but why are y’all hating on the fucking name? People spell shit different all the time
Plenty of names mean different shit to different people
I know all the shit I’ve seen on his website looks solid, and I know someone that used his vac thing “trolley” and said it filtered a bunch of shit quick and easy
I don’t know him and never used his shit before but y’all are just bitching about it

6 Likes