WNC THCP? How real could this be?

Thank you.
Hmm…
“Because it is chemistry , chemistry catalyzed by plant enzymes.”
I greatly appreciate your efforts.
I will work on my understanding of chemistry a bit.

best

1 Like

You said you were familiar with the biosynthetic pathways. The chemistry allowed/catalyzed by the enzymes:

Tetraketide Synthase
Olivetolic Acid Cyclase
CBGa Synthase
THCa Synthase

is fairly straightforward and “identical” for both the C5 and the C7 building blocks. Any strain of cannabis that produce non-negligible amounts of THCP must by definition have made non-negligible number of mistakes in ALL of those enzymes.

The mistakes stem from slight substrate promiscuity and it all starts with one extra 2-carbon building block very early in the sequence. There may be a fifth enzyme that starts the whole thing, but to know for sure, I would really need to read up on it.

Thank You.

Which is also a kind of chemistry; chemical recognition.

Ok, so there’s actually a fifth enzyme involved that has to make the initial mistake, the enzyme responsible for making hexanoyl-CoA makes the first mistake and produces octanoyl-COA instead.

Here’s a paper about hexanoyl-COA:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-313X.2012.04949.x

thank you.

1 Like

And let me know if you know of anyone who has a serious interest in pursuing becoming a supplier of precursors to companies in need of those precursors.

When I write:
"you” need to check the substrate specificities of both down stream synthases before making the “three fold way” hypothesis?

and you write: “The mistakes stem from slight substrate promiscuity and it all starts with one extra 2-carbon building block very early in the sequence.”

You are starting to lose me …

Any molecule of hexanoyl-CoA entering the biosynthetic pathway can potentially end up as C5-tail cannabinoid. The only way you can end up with a C7-tail cannabinoid is if that precursor is octanoyl-CoA.

In wild-type or “regular” cannabis that produces essentially C5s only, by definition, there must have been some pretty stringent substrate specificity along the way. That specificity can either be at one enzyme only, or more conceptually plausible, spread over several enzymes to ensure the plant makes what it is supposed to make.

Do you feel as if I am not trying to answer your questions to the best of my abilities or do you feel as if I am not understanding your questions? Or both? Or something else?

I have my way of explaining things, for successful communication, the receiver also need to try their best. I try to adjust the level of description to suit the level of understanding that I gauge is being possessed by the receiver.

I am perfectly fine with how I presented things, but if you feel as if there still are something unanswered, please let me know.

3 Likes

sup you KonK, where’s that love letter of yours you promised? fucking ape