WNC THCP? How real could this be?

We’re dealing with limits presented to us by molecules and life forms and economics, not personal limits.

I wasn’t specifically referring to you, there’s been a bunch of people on here who have said thc p won’t be producable in high amounts from biomass.

Go look at my thc p thread.

I suggest you go to that thread and post, then.

And I also believe that extracted THCP won’t be able to compete with synthesized THCP.

Thcp is hard to synthesize even with yeast you’d need cbg p to start which you’d need to grow

Why not just grow a thc p strain and extract it?

I mean we grow poppies for something that’s less then 1% in them, we’re getting 10-15x that amount with hemp

It’s gonna be a while before synthetics will compete with natural cannabinoids we can access from the plant

Thcp no one had access to, now they’re starting to and that’s why you’re seeing thc p separated through cpc that’s hemp derived starting to come out

Dude in Oregon has the FM2 from Italy that they used in the thc p paper and is growing it and harvesting the thcp and separating it by cpc

If someone is willing to do that on biomass with less then 1% thcp in it what would this dude do with a 6% strain? Or even a pure thc p strain

I’m telling you it’s only a matter of time.

4 Likes

Relatively easy to make on kilogram scale. Remember, I even asked you to get a quote on the unsaturated ketone from China. And they replied, remember?

I think the final MMC carboxylation step will be smooth and high-yielding.

1 Like

Considering we weren’t even talking about that anymore bringing it up after the conversation has died is causing drama

This is what Rowan does

Mutagenesis is when you introduce site-specific base-swaps in a gene coding for whatever protein sequence/function you are interested in and trying to influence.

In this particular case it’s about allowing the enzymes upstream of THC formation to be more sloppy and make more spherophorolic acid at the expense of olivetolic acid, and also making the cyclization step enzyme more promiscuous to substrate.

I think it’s conceptually impossible to get to a THCP dominant strain using the THC type genetics as starting point.

4 Likes

Can you be more specific (mol-bio terms) concerning the
conceptually impossible bit…I am sure there are a few that would
like to hear. Or DM, me if you like…I am just curious.
Everything emergent is conceptually impossible. Are there any papers on spherophorolic acid synthesis? all new…?
regards,

I would have to brush up on the pathways but it seems to be necessary to engineer the active sites (binding pockets) of at least two enzymes in the olivetol/spheropherol pathway, encouraging C7 and suppressing wild-type C5.

Then also engineer the CBGa synthase to become more of CBGPa synthase, again encouraging C7 and suppressing C5.

Finally, the d9-THCa synthase would have to be engineered to function analogously.

To me, that’s a whole lotta “suppressing” of C5 that has to be done, while allowing C7 to go through.

Now, if you wanted THCV rich genetics, the problem is “easier”, you’re basically only concerned with limiting C5 at each step.

Maybe conceptually is poor choice of wording. The plant is already doing this fairly well, but to get to a C7-only plant gotta be much much harder than to arrive at a C3-only plant.

2 Likes

Spherophorol can be made perfectly analogously to the way olivetol is made.

The molecule of interest is CBGPa, and that molecule can be made analogously to CBGa.

1 Like

At the beginning of this thread…I was very interested in the pharmacology and the pharmacodynamics of the THCP.
Also I was concerned (with others) concerning the acute toxicity
(fucked upness) and prolonged after states.
It makes one wonder what the “pure state” CB1 agonism is all about.
I understand what you are saying.
I think one could explore the variability of CBGA synthase and THCA synthase by feeding Spheropherol to the respective engineered
plant cells in culture, or in vitro enyme reactions. We really do not know what is limiting…How about spraying Spheropherol on to budding plants?

What is the simplest way to get the answers needed…
A. how do we get spheropherol
B. if we had it, what do we need to change.?

regards,

This wouldn’t be too hard I don’t think

@seth is the original breeder of the Oregon CBD cbg cultivar, im sure with breeding you could get the same gene that’s missing to be expressed in a THCP/CBDP plant which would make cbg p

Idk if you’ve read anything he’s posted, he’s a gold mine when it comes to genetics

1 Like

@mitokid

Just some things to look at that he’s posted

There’s basically a Grand Canyon of difference between an enzyme “making mistakes” and the enzyme deliberately making those same mistakes.

Particularly if the problem is too allow a physically bigger substrate whose only mode of additional binding to an active site and its surrounding chemical environment is through hydrophobic interactions.

2 Likes

Did you read that @KingOfTheKush420?

1 Like

Yes,

This was what I was commenting on though

The plant that makes cbg is missing the enzymatic pathway to make cbg into cbd, in theory any plant (c3-c7) could be bred to be missing this gene making cbg instead of thc or cbd (regardless of length of tail)

I’ve been told cbd v genetic thats don’t get enough UV will actually start to grow cbd again after a few generations, idk how true this is but there’s no pure cbd v strain out so no ones done it yet

Better agonist, longer duration. What changes is pharmacokinetics, not so much pharmacology, I think.

There are papers by the Yeast Jockeys showing that their cultures accept CBGPa as substrates. Yields are lower, but feeding THCa synthase with CBGPa only, it has no choice but to make d9-THCPa.

By enlisting my services :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a different game in a different ballpark. It’s practically easier to knock out genes than to expand substrate scope of existing pathways.

2 Likes

you misunderstand me.

I think.

but out of curiosity why is it that you think I need you to think chemistry?
You mistake my affirmation of you brief note, outline…but with the caveats , “you” need to check the substrate specificities of both down stream synthases before making the “three fold way” hypothesis?
I am familiar with the pathways.
Are there any papers on the biochemical synthesi of spherophorolic acid?
" I would have to brush up on the pathways but it seems to be necessary to engineer the active sites (binding pockets) of at least two enzymes in the olivetol/spheropherol pathway, encouraging C7 and suppressing wild-type C5"
Yes, that paper, it would save me the time of looking it up.

thank you…

I don’t think there exist an enzyme whose job it is to make spherophorolic acid. But obviously the enzymes in cannabis makes mistakes, the enzymes being a tetraketide synthase and olivetolic acid cyclase.

Because it is chemistry, chemistry catalyzed by plant enzymes.

There are several papers. This one seems to cover most of it:

https://www.pnas.org/content/109/31/12811

1 Like