WNC THCP? How real could this be?

If anyone with the capabilities wants to work on a breeding project, I have some ideas and knowledge on the subject.

1 Like

“Hive mind”, huh? Is that some kind of slight to Future 4200? I think there’s a lot more independent thinkers here than some cart kiddies on Reddit. Cue another 3 /r/delta8 threads on kids seriously boofing D8.

Wasn’t THCv passed off by @krinkle LulaCBD actually CBDv converted to D8THCv?

7 Likes

Also good to note that they recently lost their source of THCV, along with the patent/SOP they stood to gain access to from purchasing Chilmark. That’s all I will say for now.

1 Like

No slight intended. I came here to ask about THCp figuring a forum dedicated to cannabis extraction, cannabinoid isolation, and conversion would be the perfect place to ask if it is actually feasible for 1) a company to have a THCp product so soon and 2) if labs could actually test for it(aside from the fact the lab I posted looks like it was made in Word).

I am humbled you pay so close attention to the sub though, we’re about to cross 8k members which is a huge milestone. If the industry doesnt tank in Oct I suspect we’ll be at 10k by then. Come join the guilded server then, I’ll probably be doing another giveaway.

Edit: We just crossed 8k members! :partying_face:

Reddit…Blah

1 Like

By all means, please continue promoting children inserting Delta-8 THC in their rectums.

8557472b01608045c40fb1c045967250467ed836_2_497x500

11 Likes

So…you completely ignore the point I’m trying to make about THCp, thank you for contributing nothing to this thread.

I’m slightly concerned with your detailed attention to children’s rectums. Have you spoken to someone about these urges?

1 Like

You ignore concerning behavior being promoted on your little Reddit vendor circle jerk.

How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

3 Likes

Its the internet dude. Do you think its all real? Besides Snap’s actual D8 suppositories but that’s all him man.

So do you have any insight into the potential for a THCp product? Given how little input I’ve gotten aside from a few labs saying they could test for it, I’m going to assume this product is most likely bunk.

You are pulling a “bluewhale” challenge with the D8 community, even if you think it is just a joke. It only takes one kid going to the hospital because you are promoting rectal administration of drugs to ruin the D8 party for everyone.

I guess it’s too bad you can’t ban people here who make fun of you or tell you that you’re acting against the interest of customers

8 Likes

One of the dispensaries I worked for carried high MG D9 suppositories. It’s an extremely effective administration route for cancer patients and other patients with severe nausea (which causes them to vomit a lot of their medications). I’m not saying to go boof your drugs so don’t take this like I’m supporting this D8 challenge but I will say it’s highly unlikely that it’d put anyone in an emergency room. If it did it would be solely for the reason they got way too high from the higher bioavailability. Inhalation plus extreme temperatures is where things will get dangerous.

4 Likes

That assumes that it’s clean oil, and not some isomerized crude with no cleanup and a fake test result. I imagine boofing anything with a decent amount of acid left in it doesn’t go well. The amount of “my lungs hurt” posts that make it to that sub aren’t a promising indicator of product quality

2 Likes

Tested and standardized suppositories at a dispensary are one thing. Some 17 year old kid holding a jar of D8 distillate saying others should administer it rectally on the internet is another.

@pdxcanna Agreed. There are still unknowns in it. Because it is still gray market with no vendor requirement to clean up acid or esters make it justifiably suspect to people’s health.

oh yeah that place is shit https://www.reddit.com/r/delta8/comments/iy0eor/details_about_distillates_and_oils_including_d8/

3 Likes

“To summarize accounting for cannabinoid’s in ANY OIL/DISTILLATE is only one part of testing and why they run test for other categories. Theoretically one could account for 100% of all cannabinoids in a product and add 1% gasoline and w/o a specific test for the petroleum product the test come out still 100 % accounting for cannabinoids. Is this sinking in yet?”

Lmfao, we shouldn’t worry about impurities/byproducts because we don’t test for gasoline? @thetetraguy you gonna rip into them again?

1 Like

Anyone have anything to contribute to the actual purpose of this thread?

Is it even feasible at this point to have a THCp conversion and viable product? Or is WNC pulling everyone’s chain?

Our digestive tracts are well equip for acidic substances and to put it lightly “impurities.” It may be slightly irritating at most but a couple hundred mg’s of some poorly converted oil is going to be no more acidic than a bout of diarrhea (which still contains stomach acids/bile). So highly unlikely to send anyone to an emergency room. Again, not recommending it just saying we should pick our battles. Is it really stupid to promote? Yes, because it’s just a bad look for concentrate users as a whole. Is it more dangerous than lighting it on fire and inhaling it into your lungs? Doubtful.

3 Likes

Well, since we just got onto your ass about unrelated shit, I guess I’ll steer it back on track, and since there’s no better way to get better info than to put out something that’s objectively wrong I’ll take a shot at it

Isolation and characterization of natural CBDP and Δ9-THCP

In order to selectively obtain a cannabinoid-rich fraction of FM2, n -hexane was used to extract the raw material instead of ethanol, which carries other contaminants such as flavonoids and chlorophylls along with cannabinoids26. An additional dewaxing step at −20 °C for 48 h and removal of the precipitated wax was necessary to obtain a pure cannabinoids extract. Semi-preparative liquid chromatography with a C18 stationary phase allowed for the separation of 80 fractions, which were analyzed by LC-HRMS with the previously described method. In this way, the fractions containing predominantly cannabidiphorolic acid (CBDPA) and tetrahydrocannabipgorolic acid (THCPA) were separately subject to heating at 120 °C for 2 h in order to obtain their corresponding neutral counterparts CBDP and Δ9-THCP as clear oils with a >95% purity. The material obtained was sufficient for a full characterization by 1H and 13C NMR, circular dichroism (CD) and UV absorption.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56785-1

So there are standards(for Δ9-THCP at least), and there’s history of using chromatograpy to separate the components. It looks like isomerization of both Δ8-THCP and Δ9-THCP is possible using similar methods to existing conversion techniques, so long as you have CBDP rich starting material.

But as with pretty much everything conversions, if there’s no chromatogram or testing data beyond a PDF with some %s, it’s probably to good to be true

4 Likes

Thanks! This was the information I was looking for.

Looking at the lab from Sprectrum, they did supply that it was Δ⁹-THCp. I’m assuming since only tetrahydrocanninols were called out in the farm bill THCp, like THCv, falls outside of legal definition; but I’d glady be corrected.

And yes, I’d love to see a chroma also. @kcalabs, do you happen to have a sample chroma from a THCp run? I’d be interested if it also include D8 or D9 to give reference for where the peak would fall.

Edit: I just emailed Spectrum Labs asking them to verify the results and if they’d be able to share the chroma