Wiped Film Manufacturers

What size unit you looking for? which unit?

Anyone seen the new entourage scientific modified BR?

Supposedly it can pull clean terpenes, and you use a clay with it that’s proprietary that breaks azeotropes and doesnt allow distillation to start till everything else is out. One pass. 20 liters an hour is what my homie says they claim… it has a distillation column for the head

2 Likes

Did he take it down? Can’t find the post. Maybe @Shadownaught can provide some input on a clay that could do that?

2 Likes

It’s the second post on his page I believe

1 Like

Polymerized media = plastic basically. A blend of different plastics. Would be funny if it was all off the shelf stuff like polyethylene beads. There is an almost endless array of plastic resins that have all sorts of matrix effects. I got my MS with polymer focus actually.

9 Likes

mmmmm looks like the start of another crc style thread.

2 Likes

Are they selling this unit currently?

1 Like

I think he did take it down.

Its the second pic on his profile

I believe so

Do you know what these units are running?

I think 250k

1 Like

Polymerized resin would be a silica with an additive rather than a clay. C18 reverse phase media, something we source for people, has greater affinity for non-polar compounds than polar ones…and additionally heavier non-polar compounds would escape later than lighter ones or ones with less affinity.

What this would mean is that moisture, alcohol, terpenoids, terpenes, etc, would separate and collect before the cannabinoids. As for “proprietary” resins…they may have sourced a particular resin that works slightly better than other polymerized resins, but “creating” a resin is super fucking unlikely. Not saying they didn’t, but the cost involved with creating/testing/producing a new polymerized resin would be up there with putting a drug through FDA trials, VERY expensive.

For reference, C18 is a very commonly used media but still wholesales for $1500/kg in bulk. Imagine the production involved in making sure each grain of silica is properly bonded with a polymer, and then doing that for 100s of kilos of resin.

4 Likes

no probelm shoot us an e-mail and we can get you a quote sales@advanceddistillation.com

what size you looking for 20,50, 100 liter an hour?

We plan on producing 50 to 80 kilos in a 16 to 20 hr day. Ideally it would be a dual stage system. But I’m not really sure it’s any better than getting 2 singles. I’ve been looking mostly at SS systems because we would like to avoid any downtime for glass issues.
So far my favorite systems I’ve seen are from Helderpad. I’m compiling estimates right now and any recomendations for comparible systems are appreciated.

we have Stainless steel systems and hybrid stainless steel systems, The hybrid systems would be part glass and part stainless steel. Even on our glass systems we are trying to change as much of the external glass to stainless steel. Our units have double external systems for chilling prior to the vacuum pump. We also are using all SS feed tanks-depending upon customer’s needs. Most units we are selling these are double units-but not connected. One is used for terps and the other is for main distillation. These are super durable units and are made of heavy gauge steel, heavy walled glass and SS . The chilling are super heavy duty 5000 BTU systems which can easily handle any hot spike in vapors/air heating the vacuum system

1 Like

What’s $ for that much output?

@ScoobyDoobie read above a few comments

@ScoobyDoobie

4 Likes

Just dropping in to thank you all for the valuable input. I’ve not been able to edit this post; hence the outdated information. Will get those permissions taken care of so we can have a tangible landing page for the topic.

1 Like