Will Heptane Blow Up a Panda?

How are you Future Fam!

Thats what Im worried about…Ive come to love heptane but kind of boot strapping for a few weeks…

Usually used ethanol but trying out heptane recently and just kind of concerned about the flash point and flammability.

Would a brushless washing machine be “safer” with heptane? Anyone else using Heptane in a panda?

Anyway to make this less dangerous…

Are you saying it already blew up or?

No, but this is my concern…Ive heard of someone using a washing machine…maybe brushless but not sure what type it was…

Denatured etoh is a no-no for a panda. It eats the seals up.

I would say first off the heptane will eat the plastics, second off that is a fire waiting to happen.

1 Like

So lets talk safety here guys…

Because i often see people around here suggesting pandas right and left but not alot of talk about compaitibility or other options…

1. Is it worth it to dilute the heptane with ethanol say 10% to lower flash point/explosion issues?

2. Is there a washing machine with a brushless or less dangerous motor/parts/seals…like some maytag unit?

3. Doing this outside is it still that bad?

Lets get it guys! Lets save some lives and operations so everyone can eat.

im more or less an expert on the sketchiness of pandas; dont use heptane imo. ethanol is already pushing it.

2 Likes

Why not use the ss reactor with a motorized mixer as the wash machine?

I’m sure the answer in any panda spinner context is money availability

I ran at 100+ gallons of cryo cold food grade etoh thru 1 panda and it was still 100% perfect.

Cryo breathing dragon

And i never broke the spigot off.

Is there a washing machine that makes sense to use something brushless?

Basically broke as fuck our farm is about to go bankrupt and the cost of cooling ethanol and dealing with dry ice is impossible thats why ive been using heptane in my panda…

Im sure there are people out there using heptane in there panda or washing machine…cmon

@RougeLab
@Kingofthekush420

I use this same maytag with heptane works great

4 Likes

I got a newer Maytag washer I was using with heptane and hexane no problem.

Don’t need it anymore, it’s located in southern Oregon if you want it.

2 Likes