Wild Forage Booty

Post your wild harvest abundance here

10 Likes

Boletus edulis v. Grandedulis

Oysters and Chantrelles

28 Likes

I dumped my tubs out under the oak trees real shady and covered them w leaves…does that count as wild? Lmao. Was grown outside I never thought they’d spawn back up

ALC mushroom

@Future does this count? I’ll remove if doesnt

22 Likes

What are those?

3 Likes

Morels

Chantrelle a tiny cauliflower and a lobster

Matsutake

Shaggy manes

Another cauliflower

More morels

Lots and lots of morels

38 Likes

Holy shit! Commercial picking?

5 Likes

I did do some commercial picking in my time in Washington but it was just myself my gf and my buddy driving around looking for spots, if I remember correctly it was like 200 bucks 4 years ago when I was buying it. First thing was always to get enough for ourselves and friends then we would sell everything else. Many 200+ pound days of morels and chanterelles with my gf and my buddy.

7 Likes

That big pile was from a burn up in Okanagan a few years back

4 Likes

look like p. cubensis to me.

6 Likes

That’s where everyone goes on Alaska! Too every freshly burnt property. Going to find something there almost always

5 Likes

Pnw chanterelles

22 Likes

I love how the title mislead me but I was not disappointed in the least when reading this. I used to see morals at my camp site down by the river every year and was told there worth there weight. Mushroom hunting to me looks like it would be therapy.

6 Likes

Ya that clickbait was intentional

8 Likes

000000595_01_350x350
I was expecting something along these lines.

25 Likes

That’s a hawt carrot!

But you know this…

4 Likes

Some soil food, human food, and medicine. All from my back yard.

6 Likes

Suillus caerulescens in the first pic?

1 Like

Suillus americanus / chicken fat, if you look at the first pictures bottom right cap you can see the fresher red streaks and dotting, the stems are also thin and deep into the brush.

4 Likes

I actually googled hawt carrot and the Google images popped up sexiest carrots in America wtf. Some ppl are crazy …some looked grown that way while others where carved from larger carrot

4 Likes

5 Likes