Why is everyone and their dog moving to Oklahoma

Exactly. Most of the market out there isn’t that great so if you’ve got a solid gameplan down and aren’t banking on funny business then things are pretty set. The dispos out there fucking consistently move total burnt up dogshit garbage BUT THEY GOT NUUUUUMBERS BEHIND THEM! I’ve yet to know someone a consider a fucking BADASS grower want to close up shop and run out there. The majority of people who are headed out there are growers with funding that couldn’t hack it in other markets so they’re Beverly Hillbilly’ing out there with the little gas money they have. Obviously this is not the case with everyone but with the ones I know, fucking totally. The Chinese growers will rise and fall super fast because 1. They have no fucking clue about extractions. They throw their trim away for christ’s sakes. About 1/50 Chinese growers know about that and even less give a fuck about doing something with it And (the big one for me) 2. THEY DON’T FUCKING LISTEN TO ANYONE. Tell them about huge advances in technology that’ll double frost? Don’t fucking care. The same lights from 1998 are the only shit they care about. When LEDs are as cheap as those they’ll finally switch, and by then god knows what they’ll be using. Point being is that they are consistently a step behind what the cutting edge is, nevermind bleeding edge and almost ALL of them will tell you to go fuck yourself when you point out a huge glaring error in their SOP (IT IS ALMOST FUCKING ALWAYS AT THE CURING. ALWAYS. 4 DAYS INSTEAD OF 2 WEEKS? JUST TYPING THIS MAKES MY TEETH GRIND) they will look at you like you just tried to fuck their mother. Some will hire consultants and evolve but most will be a money drain and go straight down and chop the businesses up and sell to more successful ops to break even.

BUT HEY THERE’S GONNA BE FUCKING TONS OF CHEAP LIGHTS IN OK SOON!!!

2 Likes

Thank you…

5 Likes

I definitely have seen the plant consultation needs.

1 Like

why? you buy weed and oil ken?

1 Like

You don’t have to be a custy to appreciate someone else doing it.

6 Likes

it should be the only way, I agree on that/ ken is an asshole to me so he gets whats coming. This is a hash oil forum so I dunno how thats a special thing to agree that the rest goes to oil/

Kill with kindness is a valuable lesson.

3 Likes

I see the writing on the wall, they keep piling it on even when im not out of hand and mention my experience with led heat etc… how dare I attempt to share- its thumping- they are all mad at me for my views in the political thread. Its so easy to see.

Oklahoma is an interesting market for sure. I’ve been out here a year now. Prices have dropped dramatically as expected.

One thing I haven’t seen anyone talk about is the prime position for top tier extractors out here. If you’re like me and have several years experience (almost 8) extracting and especially in a legal state, you can pretty much walk into any extraction job interview and take the job. The reason being, there’s a lot of growers out here who grow outdoor specifically for processing but no one knows what they’re doing out here.

Every lab I’ve went to was either a well funded lab that had a poor buildout from some wook, or an underfunded lab that was built out by some wook. Given that a lot of material is needing to be processed and there isn’t many that can process volume, it’s interesting to see what kind of offers you get. The prices are driving down but as long as you’re from a state that has already went through it (I’m from Oregon) you already know what to expect in terms of regulation and prices and know that it’s a battle to be as efficient as possible to keep your opex as low as possible to turn a profit, sell volume and make money while it’s still on the table.

That being said, I really want to go to Arizona because their market is going to kick ass for several years. 12 million population (Oregon has 4 mil, Oklahoma has 4 mil) and a shitty outdoor climate means years before the supply can meet the demand. Unfortunately the way the bill in Arizona was written, it won’t be easy to get a license. I anticipate that within a year or two, they will understand the mistake of limiting the industry to 150 licenses and open up. I believe that largely because Arizona has a strict medical program so they really have no idea how many people smoke recreationally. As time goes on, they’ll have more data than their limited medical market to rely on to make policies.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you for the population acknowledgement. AZ is ripe. Oklahoma will see it just like OMMP olcc I assume. I share in that experience. Consolidating to survive the next wave. My focus is on 30 million people with a brand that survives OK Texas pops it’s gonna be lit.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, population is a big deal. I think Texas is the only reason this market hasn’t fallen even harder. I was really hoping they’d pass the law that allowed out of staters to get a medical card and buy product here (it did technically pass but was vetoed by the governor)

3 Likes

I believe strongly my texas brand will bring texas business. Especially advertising in texas.

1 Like

Oklahoma has the worst pot laws in the country. So if the boss lies to the employees about being licensed, all the employees get life in prison? No pressure there…

"Converting or attempting to convert marijuana into hashish or concentrates is a felony punishable by a fine no greater than $50,000 and a term of imprisonment no less than 2 and up to remainder of the offender’s life.

2 Likes

Lol I had a boss lie in oregon and wasn’t protected. Welcome to the game.

3 Likes

No greater than 50k? Businesses make that weekly

3 Likes

Well, if you’re dumb enough to pass on your due diligence and not take two minutes out of your life to access the internet and do a quick license search, your life is going to suck anyways, in prison or not.

Secondly, any felony in Oklahoma is defined as being punishable by life in prison. That doesn’t mean you’re gonna get a life sentence for making wax without a license. The actual law reads 2-10 years.

4 Likes

I appreciate a person/business who is putting out a high quality product(or service) and takes pride in the work they are doing (regardless of the industry/trade). Him saying this means a lot imo, I live in a rec state and see (and heard from many friends within the industry) how many companies operate (Turn and burn). So when something like his statement is made. Well, In my head it’s worth thanking him.

Lol I’m not even in Oklahoma, but yeah I will go to a dispensary here and there (maybe 2-3x a year) to get a comparison on prices and the products currently available in my area.

People being annoyed by you has less to do with your political views and more about everything else you say

That being said, I just wasted another 5 minutes of my time responding to you. Have a good day thumping.

5 Likes

i bought weed 2x in 20 years- amsterdam vacation and a vegas vacation. Amsterdam weed stunk, the vegas was from my buddy in apple valley so it was up to par.

If you have the cash and some local connections, might as well apply for one of AZ’s 26 REC licenses.

3 Likes

I’ve honestly been so discouraged by the laws I haven’t even tried. I’ve been looking at some of the other states that legalized this year as well and it’s slow moving to say the least. I really wanted to check out New Jersey but they’re saying it could be two years before they’re ready to issue licenses. It’s a shame. It would also be a strong market considering neighboring population and lack of good weather for growing outside.

2 Likes