Why don't all jars make dimonds?

Same variables; different values…guaranfuckingteed.

2 Likes

Muffin due to nucleation? Wtf are you talking about dude?

Define muffin.
Define nucleation

Tie them together for us

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ve poured before, the constant motion back n forth will no doubt cause a larger “ muffin” presence due to agitation or better known as nucleation.

2 Likes

Ahhh you don’t understand nucleation

Nucleation, the initial process that occurs in the formation of a crystal from a solution, a liquid, or a vapour, in which a small number of ions, atoms, or molecules become arranged in a pattern characteristic of a crystalline solid, forming a site upon which additional particles are deposited as the crystal grows.

Nucleation | Definition, Crystallization, & Facts | Britannica

6 Likes

I never noticed it till I ran bulk at a type 7. almost every jar poured on big batches has a different tint/some will have a higher solute - solvent ratio. I think it has something to do with mass reduction and solubility

1 Like

That’s one of my counter arguments in the is crc chromatography caus I def get diff fractions even after it sits in a collection pot, but the fractions aren’t separated they are just different ratios of how much solute is in the solution.

Literally watch a video of someone pouring or yourself for that matter, I’ll give you a example, notice how @Dred_pirate has very uniform pours (yes also due to psi he recovers to) but he’s not pouring a honey pot. Muffin if is caused by a portion of extract releasing gas at atmosphere or under vacuum, no it doesn’t happen as volatile at atmosphere but even a simple pour can cause a muffin. Agitation I use that term due to literally agitating the mixture doesn’t matter how you look at it if the resin is moving it’s being agitated, which in turn will cause nucleation to form ergo not allowing for proper saturation to make diamonds, but more so a sugar or budder if not fully saturated anymore.

2 Likes

Nucleation due to agitation, sure.

Muffin due to agitation, sure.

Muffin due to nucleation?

Does not compute

5 Likes

But you NEED nucleation; it is literally the formation of crystals.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you took the term out of context then.

No matter what way you look at it you have nucleation & a muffin.

You can cause nucleation by immersing a tool & whipping, or homogenizing if you will. Same principle of motion.

Edit to reply: I guess the term muffin may be at use wrong more here, dawned on me just now most that think muffin are quite literally thinking of it while in oven etc, not the cause I’m mentioning here, more so the “aerated” looking resin, I guess that resembles a muffin to me.

Not “out of context”, out of left fucking field!!

Saying you can’t get crystals because crystals have started forming… ?!?

You’re correct that agitation or a tool can cause it.

But telling us that nucleation is causing the muffin is straight up nonsense.

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhh okay lmao you thought that’s what this meant? No I was just describing what happens during a multiple pour. :man_facepalming:t3: That not growing crystals was a completely different reasoning.

Nope. You’ve got muffin right. Except if you think it’s caused by nucleation…

1 Like

I know the difference between the two. Was just describing the look of what happens. As well as described it just now. As I said maybe muffin may have been the wrong term to describe what it looks like. We both also agreed to moisture content being a justifiable reason for the no growth.

No, it’s what you SAID

That’s not the issue: you claimed cause and effect…

Muffin BECAUSE nucleation.

Or do you have another definition for “due to”?!?

1 Like

Literally just said this. Please drink more coffee.

Muffin is a CORRECT term for the fluffy, wants to crawl out of the jar.

Saying it is DUE TO nucleation is where you got into the weeds.

Continuing that by claiming that nucleation then made it harder to crystallize does not jive with your “I know what they mean”.

Yeah, I’m gonna go get some coffee.

Edit: and your edits have improved your response somewhat.

2 Likes

Where the hell did I say this please tell me?

You’re right, nowhere do you say that nucleation makes it harder to crystalize…guess I made that one up cause that was what OP’s issue is. Just so gobsmacked by “muffin due to nucleation”

Are you saying that the jars that sugared didn’t nucleate?!?

1 Like

Crystals are a product of nucleation and a "muffin. As we call it is a product of off gassing your solvent as stated in the above.

3 Likes