Why do “metal carts” get me higher than ceramics

In my experience, ceramic carts do not rip nearly as hard as metal carts. I just received some new metal carts and they blow a dab rig sized cloud after a 5-7 second draw, whereas ceramics blow a much lighter thinner cloud. Ceramics are great for noobs with low tolerances because of this. I have also noticed ceramic carts seem to last much longer for this reason, but will not get me as baked as a metal cartridge.

2 Likes

@NorthCarolindica what about like a 2.7 volt on metal vs 4.2 on ceramic? I know most ceramics arent designed for this but maybe that would be a more fair comparison. Ceramics do take longer to heat up I think

:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:
I have no clue about voltages man. My theory is that the metal is a much better conductor of heat than ceramic, and the center base where the air holes are might be closer to the coils the way they are built. This may cause a better transfer of heat to the base, which lets the the oil surrounding the air holes to heat up faster, allowing for more oil to soak the coil.

Metal coils do seem to get hotter than ceramics.

I have also noticed a RIDICULOUS breakage rate from the ceramics when just filling, capping and packaging ceramics. Like 2-6 carts per batch of 100…

Metal carts CAN break, but are a lot less likely to. I will say metal carts do have more duds that won’t fire or will stop firing halfway thru than ceramics tho

1 Like

1000% BS in my world. I jumped ship from ceramics due to the 25%+ no fire rate vs the literally ZERO out of 1100x ac1005 carts filled and passed out with zero returns or bad issues.

3 Likes

crappy atomizers overheat in a metal cart if abused and stop working properly in my experience. Need better carts

1 Like

IDK man maybe you had a bad batch of ceramics. I just know i had more resellers complaining about duds on metals than ceramics, however i would break many more ceramics while filling or after capping. My first batch of ceramics i ordered were much better and from the same vendor i recieved my second batch from. I actually did stress tests on the ceramics when i ordered them and dropped a few on the ground on concrete and they held up better than expected. My second batch seemed to be not as well built and broke much more frequently than my first batch.

1 Like

you gotta cough to get off- do you cough on the metal one?

1 Like

I went thru 3000+. Bad batch
Lmfao!!!

1 Like

Here are my two cents on this conversation. I don’t have a personal opinion based on the taste or performance of these cartridges because I haven’t used them.

However, as a distributor, I do sell plenty of cartridges from extractors to co-packers and brands themselves and everything in between.

Until I joined here I didn’t think CCELL or iKrusher or AVD were bad as they are made it out to be here.

I have never had a customer switch from CCELL to another cartridge because they were unhappy with CCELL. I have had plenty of customers switch to iKrusher because the cartridges are cheaper.

I have had customers switch to AVD and back to CCELL or back and forth. I have also had customers switch to 14thround because their cartridges come in trays that can easily be filled and capped.

I was so lost. When I am on these forums all I hear and read about is all ceramic carts. Every day…same thing. I honestly reached out to some companies who are represented in these forums themselves and asked for their volume or volume against their standard carts which aren’t all glass or ceramic.

In simple words. I was told this is a Future4200 thing by the manufacturers themselves. If they had a standard cartridge that is what they recommended to me and that is what they wanted me to carry.

I haven’t had a single brand ever or a large manufacturer even bring up the all-glass or all-ceramic carts in a conversation.

I am honestly looking forward to actually picking a cartridge that we can bank on…I have no personal preference because the type of cartridge needed isn’t determined by myself but my customers.

Just my two cents

3 Likes

This whole thread belongs on reddit

6 Likes

my guess is because all the manufacturers you speak to likely have a ton of back inventory in metal carts they’d prefer to get off over having to produce something new. it’s kind of odd you’d look at future forums as having an ulterior motive than the people literally trying to sell you something. IMO it’s not really about which is “better” per se, as it is standing out in a crowded space by offering something unique. If you can also make a case that there are additional benefits (even if unproven) all the more reason to go a different direction. I’ve been on here for years and I don’t see anybody trashing the brands you’ve named, in fact they have quite a few diehard fans who are well-respected members. The only reason I turned from reliable metal hardware is the endless PR onslaught from the tobacco companies (TRUTH) that run TV ads claiming you are breathing in shards of metal using them and that is on top of the need to differentiate from the thousands of other brands running iKrusher or CCELL, both BM and legit. My only beef with those brands is that you pay a heavy premium for a little logo on the bottom most people don’t even see. It sounds like you are trying to make a comparison when you admittedly don’t use the product or seem to offer an alternative solution (no mention of you carrying any non metal brand). It’s a bit strange you’d talk about customer preference in that case. Maybe I missed something. Anyways, I fxck with @Liam84 stuff now because all ceramic is over saturated and all glass spit too much (except for gcell plus, RIP).

1 Like

very very few manufacturers would have back inventory , 90% of the cartridges manfacture plan their production based on order they received, the most inventory they have will be no more then two or three months of their turnover. My understanding is that the metal cartridges is still the most reliable and affordable option, people may think it’s risky to switch to all ceramic or all glass .

2 Likes

I’ve got a cart that’ll get u high. Takes special battery bc they’re so wide and short but they hit like dab hits

Think it came from @Liam84. Had those bottoms u could close and come w the lil tv add box that had screen in it that would play…I refill them for myself 5x at least but they hit like dab rips

I’ll take pic later

Idk if it passed heavy metal testing or not but hit is huge

2 Likes

There are a lot of assumptions within your post. We are one of the largest vape distributors in the Northeast. Master distributor for a handful of products.

Just because I am not an active smoker, vaper, or a cannabis user doesn’t mean my opinions are that easily influenced by manufacturers who have back inventory to sell. There is no such thing as back inventory in vape-related manufacturing unless you are dealing with a very badly run company.

There is nothing more that has hurt our business than these TRUTH ads. I for one have testified in front of most health committees within the tri-state area to stop the vape bans. Funded lawsuits against the local bodies all over NY and the state. Making us the largest donor for New York Vapor Association.

I understand your point about being different however being different can’t be at the expense of quality products just because of bad cosmetics.

I am not an AVD distributor however visit their site and see the brands/awards they have won. CCELL does an insane amount of R&D holds many patents and has been a leader who everyone else wants to copy. These things cost money. These products aren’t free. They are premium just like anything else in any other category.

My point was very simple. I have spoken to manufacturers of all ceramic and glass cartridges. While they are doing decent numbers. They have not landed big customers or co-packers yet because there are issues that would be highlighted once these technologies are adopted at scale.

Transport and filling at scale and so many other things need to be refined and these technologies need to be evolved to keep up with those issues that will arise.

There is nothing more I want than be an early adopter of one of these carts. I was simply stating the fact those who have tried them before once they scale they go back to one of the more true tested carts.

I don’t believe these forums are misleading neither do I believe the community or I have other motives. Just this past Saturday I visited the hemp farm up in Syracuse. Became a member of GLG. Spend most of my time reading through posts and threads completely unrelated to business so I can learn.

I always have a fair disclaimer in place when sharing my opinions and how I got to that conclusion. It could be CCELL, iKrusher or gcell or QBD or anyone in between. We work with many companies and I do keep open communication with other companies to see if there is anything I would like to do with their products down the line.

I work with lots of folks…just like you and just like other members on these forums. In fact I have picked up handful of customers from this community recently. NOT a single request for all glass or all ceramic cart from anyone I can recall.

I was NOT passing on a judgement. Just sharing my 2 cents on what I see within the market. Hopefully on my next visit to China I hope to visit some of these newer cart manufacturing companies and see what they are all about.

5 Likes

Feel honored to be mentioned, sir. We know clearly that customers are still hesitated at switching to all glass cartridges. I assume it’s because

1.They are very satisfied with CCEL( I agree with you that CCELL deserves this , they do put a lot of money and effort on R&D which no other vape companies can match .

2.The weakness /failure of all glass ( or all ceramic) cartridges, people still think all glass are easy break .some people say it’s easy leakage even though it’s bottom filling design. Some said it’s not easy filing. Unfortunately we can not guarantee a similar failure rate with ccell or AVD . We have a lot of works to improve our products.CCELL and AVD are too good to be switched .

1. The cost. All glass cartridges are similar cost level with authentic ccell cartridges. If ccell launch all glass cartridges, I think it maybe a different story. They will be able to produce at much higher scale and more affordable cost.

The reason we produce all glass cartridges is we simplify think cartridges needs to be more clean , all glass cartridges has a very very low risk of heavy metal containment. We have to sag We are still producing metal cartridges since it’s still the mainstream

l What we are trying to do

5 Likes

@QBD420 I don’t like to drag people into the conversation without their approval and there is no need to prove anything to most people because in all fairness they might not understand the behind-the-scenes workings of manufacturing or other issues large-scale operations face.

This is a good example. I have had multiple messages including an email with @QBD420 to discuss their products, cost amongst many other things. I am 100% looking forward to seeing their operation next time I am in China which could be within the next 2-3 months.

The above post demonstrates least they understand my concerns or concerns of large operations. There are other companies who are hell-bent on just selling their products. When they can’t pay attention or answer basic questions without a sales pitch…I lose all interest in their products.

I believe the most important aspect right now is the failure rate. Most brand owners don’t need the hit or want the hit where a successful brand toys with their failure rate just to be different.

In all my interactions with @QBD420 have been extremely professional. I like that. Why wouldn’t I want to support a newcomer

However, it is a double-edged sword. They will need quantity and I will need pricing. As I don’t have customers yet for all glass carts…it is hard to make a deal.

I have been wanting to do a thread on the real cost of carts vs buying 100-500 or even 1000 from China or even from the US.

Most people fail to understand these numbers do not represent the accurate cost of the cartridges people think are expensive. Maybe one of these days…

3 Likes

Glass and ceramic don’t hold heat as well therefore
Require more power to get to the same point.

1 Like

We do look forward to your visit . To be honest , I’m not a qualified sales since I sold very few carts during the past year. Fortunately I met a lot of nice people on future4200 , nearly 100 friends here test our products and shared their feedback , positive or negative. I appreciate all those feedback because we did some improvement after we heard from you guys.

I do learned a lot of from you guys , that’s why I spend average one hits everyday. ( just got a badge which told me I’ve visited future4200 in continuous 100 days , kinda of crazy ).

1 Like

I haven’t hear similar feedback yet. We do not have any oil to test here. Some people told low voltage on our all glass cartridges brings the best performance. I remember we still not ship you samples yet

Do you happen to have time to give a try recently ?

1 Like

I have time to test if you want to send some but you’ll most likely be wasting samples. I don’t like filling carts unless I can change them to hit how I like :man_shrugging:

1 Like