Why are my balls clear?

Probably the vaccine.

13 Likes

I snickered.

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys, no matter if it swings off topic, plenty to digest and glean from in these responses.

Not all balls sweat, have not found a pattern with strain on that. Here is a pic of a ball with striations and no ball sweat.

Same bho extraction sop is used for all material and no post processing is done, all material used for bho is FFLR, so FFLR crude is used for spd, same spd sop for all strains, yes this is all done so we have single-source single-pass varietally correct distillate.

Someone mentioned perhaps the whipped cherries terpenes were soaking the fats. It has no more terps than others, and after looking at the results from Whipped Cherries I do not see anything it has that others don’t, not that I think it is related to what the topic is, but going thru past results there is one terp that it has that I don’t see a lot of in the strains we run, β-Ocimene.

So I never saw these clear balls as a problem, just saw it as a difference and thought I’d ask hoping there was a clear answer as to why. Reading through all the replies, perhaps I should have been asking why my balls have striations since that seems to be where the replies gravitated towards, but since the crystal balls were the exception for what I see, I saw that as the outlier.

Thanks again for the conversation.

2 Likes

You should look into crystallizing your ff runs, pouring off terps and saving them and then decarb & distilling your thca

really thrown off by this tek

5 Likes

I think it’s the lack of Tek that’s throwing you off! It’s like that 1 strain has to be pulling less fats during extraction for some odd reason. Or they stay dissolved, or something. It’s crazy to me, but that’s what I have been thinking this whole time. For some reason it’s pulling less fats, or they’re just staying dissolved more from the 1 strain. I’d seriously like to try 1 of the pens to how it tastes and everything! Totally throwing so many processes to the side, and just not doing them. I can’t believe that the distillate looks as good as it does to be honest! Must be the FF, or something…

2 Likes

Ff cbd live resin, mostly cbda of course but they didn’t dewax at all. You can literally smell the lipids & fats & taste them, as well as feel them on your teeth while the vapor passes through.

I thought the little formations were neat.

2 Likes

Your stiations should be flowing and linear. The oil forms a flow pattern that should not be globular or bubble. Its probably heads but could be leftover fats and lipids that can be removed with lle.

The word you want is schlieren btw.

My guess is gonna be material content, it’s likely that that particular strain doesn’t have much in the way of compounds with similar boiling points to THC, leaving you with a more homogenous looking distillate, as opposed to the others which obviously have lots of heads fraction. Normally the heads would be fractionated via visual confirmation and vapor temperature.

This is why SPD is “harder” than WFE, it requires a bit of visual acuity to determine when to switch flasks. Since you aren’t fractionating, you’re gonna get schlieren more often than not.

4 Likes

no you can’t.

The effect is purely due to different refractive indices of the compounds collected, so unless the starting material consists only of compounds with the exact same refractive index (which is extremely rare, and that’s a good thing), you’re always gonna get schlieren when collecting different fractions in the same flask.

4 Likes

Have you ever winterized? Tell me you can’t smell that shit again. There is a distinct difference in smell & over all taste /vapor texture.

Have you paid back the money you owe yet or gotten a real fritter cut to replace all the forum members you scammed?

Seems like another whole day went buy where you could’ve are some money to pay your debts but instead you are wasting your time on a forum where all the regular members hate you.

2 Likes

I’m not going through this with you again today, Continue to harass I’ll will be flagging all of your off topic posting outside of the EC.

Cant help myself

3 Likes

Yeah @Sativasfied the question you really need to answer is, do them shweddy cloudy balls of yours smell like the crude they came from?

Distillate is supposed to be clear. Cloudy distillate, for most of us, usually means something went wrong.

4 Likes

Plant waxes are tasteless and odorless. Unless you heat them to create Acrolein for example…that’s something you should consume more of so we finally don’t have to deal with your useless shit anymore.

Why don’t you stick to talking about stuff that you really know something about (if there even is such a thing)? I mean you’ve already lost all credibility long ago.

Btw did anyone ever buy some of your stupid merch? That shit is the MAGA hat of wannabe chemists :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Don’t tell anyone to consume acrolein, come on man. Nobody deserves that…

1 Like

You say all this yet contradict yourself in the same sentence. OKAY

Also plant lipids do carry a smell as they also contain carotenoids are present. So they don’t NEED to be heated to give off a specific smell especially like a carbonara wax. It will have that “crayola” smell. If you’ve LITERALLY ever filtered off fats you know these smells & would know this. That shows to your real everyday lab work no doubt. So continue on with your day sir. Have a great one.

1 Like

I believe what people are trying to say is pure waxes don’t have a smell or taste on their own. You’re right that winterization solids have pigments and other components in them sometimes. But as you alluded to yourself, it’s the other stuff within the wax mixture that smell, not the waxes themselves.

3 Likes

Thank you & my point being is you’ll always be able to detect them. If not, then the technician likely hasn’t had much experience in the realm of winterizarion IMO. Those are “smells” you don’t forget.

1 Like

Yes the balls smell like the crude I use.

Yes the distillate is clear in carts. Very.