Whos got the best/worst customer service? All opinions welcome

Hey Guys!

So I’ve been running/setting up labs for 7ish or so years now. In that time I’ve come across some amazing and terrible customer service.

I thought I would make this topic to see what people had to say about their experiences in the space with various vendors.

Here’s a short list to start. I haven’t dealt with a lot of companies yet, so I’m very curious to hear everyone’s thoughts. Any and all opinions welcome!

Best
Cascade
Carbon Chem
Goldleaf Scientific

BZB maybe? (I’ve never run one of their systems, but I’ve heard good things. Maybe someone can confirm?)

Neutral
Lab Society
ETS
Precision
Beaker and Wrench

Worst
BVV
Xtractor Depot
Across International

5 Likes

Im pretty sure there’s a thread on here that should knock beaker and wrench off that list.

3 Likes

Best
Bee International
Mafco LLC
Bickford Flavors
Jupiter CCell
MMCDepot
Triarc
Media Bros

Neutal
Myco technology
Norco
QQ studios

Worst
IES

4 Likes

Really? That’s interesting… I’ve had a pretty good run with them thus far. Had a bad gear pump get sent to me and they fixed the situation really fast. I can’t speak for everyone though, so that’s why I thought this thread could be useful. Thanks again for your input!

1 Like

Here’s that thread I mentioned. Seems after the incident with @Siosis, @Lilibel stopped visiting the website.

3 Likes

im not happy with bvv. And its goofy because I go there and they have lots of employees in cubicles/ I dunno what they do because it sure isnt customer service. Hfs has good customer service and free shipping and makes things right if the china steel is wonky.

3 Likes

He’s talking about big boy deals not whatever the hell you’re talking about.

2 Likes

Pull those big boy pants up for some Big boy deals

For folks producing final goods (gummies, topicals, etc.)

Best:
S&S Flavors (Flavors, Great customer service, quick turnaround)

Good:
Organic Verdana (Bulk Organic Oils, good customer service, good product)
Just Scents (Fragrances are good, medium turnaround time, neutral customer service)
Apex Flavors (Fragrance/Flavors, good customer service, quick turnaround)

Neutral:
Jedwards (Bulk Ingredients, customer service is okay, pest issues w/ some ingredients)
Bulk Apothecary (Bulk Ingredients, customer service is good, pest issues w/ some ingredient)

Worst:
Natures Flavors (Flavoring, Pesticide ridden, and customer service is downright awful, long turnaround)

I will note once you start order in bulk (55 gal drums at a time), Jedwards customer service gets better.

2 Likes

I saw this post after you mentioned it. Craziness! I had no idea this went down.

im gonna stick up for IES here, to be fair ive had my fair share of bad experiences with them but lately they’ve been pretty good. good dudes over there

1 Like

I have had an overall positive relationship with Summit Research but was looking for others experience with them.

1 Like

TruSteel, Media Bros, Cascade, Glacier Tanks and Carbon Chemistry all have excellent customer service.

1 Like

I agree, I think they have a good team and I like their extraction equipment.
Unfortunately, I’ve had more bad experiences then good when it comes to customer service. It got real bad for me when the reps quit letting me talk to their engineers/scientists lol.

1 Like

I’d respect anyone’s less-than-positive opinion of Beaker & Wrench, esp after having read that thread. in my personal experience though, we’ve been a customer for years, and i believe bought one of their first modded-out Popes: they definitely had a ‘startup’ vibe at the beginning, ie i suspected they were still ‘getting their shit together’, and we had crazy issues with a heating circulator that was disappointing. but, i think over time my experience with them has improved dramatically and I’ve gotten great customer service from them for a solid 2 years. Jenna is the homie.

I actually get great service from AI, too. In both these cases I’ve put in constant effort to maintain positive relationships with key contacts and I think that makes all the difference. I think a lot of the time the service you get depends on your own approach and tact (or lack thereof).

BVV, slightly less than neutral.

Julabo, pretty good

Huber, neutral to good, they got hit with some staffing issues from Covid so were falling short for a minute, they really do what they can to make up for it. they have integrity, they’ve just been up against the wall i think.

1 Like

I’ve had great customer support with IES, and Brian Jones is pretty reliable as a service rep.

2 Likes

I’ll throw out Colorado Extraction Systems. I emailed for some tech support and got an engineer returning my call (got my number from my email signature line) within 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Definitely think Goldleaf scientific is one of the best; nothing but good things to say about them

1 Like

I think she deleted her account. Beaker and wrench as a whole either deleted it or stopped using their account entirely, definitely a little Satisfying after what they put us through

1 Like

I still dont like bvv because they have nevver responded to issues with products they sold me. Someone on here is repping them and they never responded here either.