Beaker & Wrench F***ery

EDIT: I jumped the gun, I cannot argue that they are lying to consumers unless I have an accurate value for the heat capacity of crude cannabis extract.

Sorry in advance if the heat capacity for crude is < 2 kJ/kg*K

So, I wasn’t going to post this, because I didn’t want to upset anyone, but after posting thermodynamics for this thing and having my comments deleted several times by B&W I decided to put it somewhere where information isn’t gonna be manipulated.

So @BeakerandWrench have added a new product to the line up.

They claim you can heat up 20L of crude to “flowable temperatures” in “less than an hour” with 175W of heating.

Let’s do that math with water. From 25C to 50C.

20L H2O = 20kg H2O
Cp = 4.184kJ/kg K
dT = 25K

Q = 2092 kJ
Time to heat = (2092kJ/0.175kJ/s) = 11,954s

= 3.3 hours.

I called them out on insta and they deleted the shit and DM’d me to call their office. They also told me to email ace “to check my math”.

The math is redone below (in the comments) with several other fluids. No matter how ya slice it, the thermo is off

It’s a damn insult to every single one of us that they would so blatantly bullshit their consumers. Rant over.

58 Likes

Killing it bro.

I love this.

4 Likes

Alot of these companies who popped up in this industry have a bad past and fucked over other people in this community to get where they are…

Be careful who you decide to work with.

8 Likes

Got any stories about b&w’s past? Lol

Ya not gonna happen, seems along the lines of some of there other claims a yr or 2 back.

How does the specific heat of water compare to the specific heat of crude oil?

3 Likes

I was reading the specs and spit my dab out of my mouth when I read 175w…

8 Likes

They’re claiming that the specific heat of cannbis oil is half that of water. If that’s the case then I’m gonna have to eat crow.

5 Likes

Don’t trust advertised extraction specs.

They use the same math and science books as flat earthers.

10 Likes

Water is known to have a high specific heat. Maybe hash oil would be more similar to an oil like coconut oil.

4 Likes

I’ll list several oils and the amount of time required to heat them here–decide for yourselves:

Olive Oil - 1.97 kJ/kgK = 1.5 hours Source 1
Coconut Oil - 4.1 kJ/kg
K = 3.2 hours Source 2
Parrafin - 2.13 kJ/kgK = 1.7 hours (See Source 1)
Propylene Glycol - 2.5 kJ/kg
K = 2 hours (See Source 1)
Fatty Acids - 2.2 kJ/kg*K = 1.8 hours Source 3

Based on experience, its going to take longer than 60 - 90 minutes to heat up 20L of oil with 0.175kW of heating power. Not to mention the fact that heat exchange efficiency is definitely not 100%…

If we assume 80% efficiency with Olive Oil we’re already at 1.9 hours.

The jury is out until there’s accurate thermophysical data.

12 Likes

When I seen that glorified heating pad around buckets I almost died thinking how many are gonna leach plastic & other shit into a solution or resin by doing this.

4 Likes

Didnt they deliver a train wreck of a wfe last year?

8 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: man I’m glad I don’t know anything. Science battles and arguments got me in the fan seat real quick tho

10 Likes

Naw bro, didn’t you read the testimonials on the website?

They are nice people, im looking forward to their public rebuttal
@Lilibel

1 Like

Tweaker and wench is garbage; I’ve seen their wiper run; its decent; but JUST decent; no real improvements over a glass chinese wiper that’s a third of the price.

Dont get me started on their leaky discharge pumps either.

10 Likes

I took them deleting his comments as their rebuttal…haha

Unless they decide they want to respond on here…

5 Likes

Lol :laughing:

1 Like

If they’ve got accurate thermophysical data showing that the heat capacity of crude cannabis extract is less than 2 kJ / kg*K I will publicly apologize for even brining it up.

I don’t think I’ve seen that data anywhere and I’ve looked. But I’ve provided the heat capacity of other fluids above.

4 Likes