Who makes that over priced chinese thing?

i could have sold sooo much glass but i didnt want to give you know who the opportunity to send lawyer letters to me plus who needs it.

I have more than enough food on my plate… this thread has enough research already if i was a hungry person i can already make a 1/2m next year off the information i see in this thread already!

Some will see the angle…some wont. But i have enough… i want all of us to have a fair piece of the pie… I already have a big enough slice for my appitite…

9 Likes

An excavator, skid steer and dozer defiantly could…

If spdking doesn’t have a minbike track, he is fucking up…

2 Likes

In a previous life my (medium-big) firm was happy with a 1.3x average as well. At the end of the day, some paid 10x, some paid 0.8x, you just had to roll with it and make sure that average stayed up over medium-long timelines.

Manufacturing I’ve always heard 3x for consumer-type products with reasonable volume and without excessive amounts of R&D. That goes up as volume drops and R&D spend goes up, obvs. But I frequently see 100% custom come in under 10x.

And that’s manufacturing, not reselling. I bet you could squeeze a damn good living out at 2x as a reseller of a lot of this shit. 1.5x-2x seems to be around where the lower end stateside china brands are.

I’m glad at least a handful of people got the point of the thread - opportunity looks a lot like hard work most times. Finding ImportYeti made me seriously consider spinning up a side project in a couple of areas. Not that I have the time, of course.

Instead, of course, we get a lot of the “you don’t understand business, we provide a SERVICE” screeching from the peanut gallery… which sounds a lot like a landlord trying to justify their existence to me.

Anyone who doesn’t provide any real value-add and is just reselling something made by someone else better expect to have their margins squeezed by people who don’t feel the need for 4x-10x.

8 Likes

I can almost understand what you and @Killa12345 are seeing, but just don’t have it quite yet.

I almost wanna dm you guys and ask for a spoon lol.

1 Like

Shit I thought mark up was only 20-40%

3 Likes

At 30% markup, that’s when my previous company broke even and at 2x we were stoked, it all depends I guess the more I read.

Grocers make jack shit on food sales.

2 Likes

His fucking roto is made in Korea?!

5 Likes

Bingo…

:joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

I guess he wasn’t lying he doesn’t use China :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

No the koreans just buy it from china… assemble it in korea and its says made in korea…

5 Likes

bUtkOrEaIsNtChInA

4 Likes

How about I do up a “how to source high quality, reliable equipment from china” thread soon.

Hint: finding the lowest cost seller on alibaba ain’t it, generally.

16 Likes

I’d like that a bunch!

1 Like

Like the pineapple I bought at costco the other day.

“Made in Canada from imported ingredients”

Asshole, you cut the pineapple into chunks and tossed it in a plastic container, you didn’t make shit.

I’ve seen some really good quality shit come out of asia. As good as or frequently much better than north american stuff.

I’ve also seen dogshit come from pretty much every country in the world. It’s not the country, it’s the seller. And the buyer, frequently.

13 Likes

I made this thread to show the good stuff we can get from them as well as the stuff to avoid. Feel free to comment and add to that :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Yea that is right i wasn’t thinknfrom a manufacturing point

1 Like

Bro, I will run your scientific glass section if you want! Quality Lab Parts, a Quality Stainless Parts, subdivision centered on the delivery of top Quality Lab Supplies nationwide!

2 Likes

You would probably have to move offshore for it it work. Lol.

Here Bahamas is nice year round.

3 Likes

Bimini is only a couple of hours away!
Edit: Whenever you’re ready just let me know!

3 Likes

Taxes are alot better in the Bahamas. And u can have your own local gang.

2 Likes