Who makes that over priced chinese thing?

We all know those companies.

The ones who don’t do any real value-add - who buy something from Alibaba, slap a coat of paint on it, and mark it up 3x-10x. It’s rampant in a lot of industries.

Well, now there’s a place you can look to see who they are getting shipments from.

Here’s an example.

[I’m not suggesting that Gorilla doesn’t do any value-add, they’re just the first company from this industry that I was able to find useful info on… But $400 for a $100 tent seems a bit much to me.]

11 Likes

Here’s one of HTG Supply’s shell companies:

5 Likes

What’s this?

11 Likes

Nice find @Dr.stanky

when you click on that supplier SH scientific… you can see all the other people they supply…this is a good one too…

what i find a bit weird in that picture… Why is BVV importing under 2 different names Marisol Designs was their old Ebay name before the big time and Best Value vacs or the BVV we know today and the name BVV. You can see the addresses are the same.

Im really curious to this as you think they would need a customs bond for each company…

6 Likes

Do my eyes deceive me or does that say max rotovaps parts come from Korea? I’m sure it’s assembled here right? Like Keens assembled in America boots right? Made here, assembled here, it’s all the same thing…

2 Likes

This is a highly innacurate comparison and reasoning. I don’t think you understand exactly the costs involved in running a business like that. I doubt those shitty 100 dollar grow tents are even remotely similar. I’ve seen cheap temps first hand and they are literally 4x less quality material and so forth. What about company insurance and liability. What about service depts and maintaining stock and parts. I mean I could go on and on

2 Likes

I thought a typical retail markup was 2x the cost? Not 4x

2 Likes

anyone wanna get some quotes… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

5 Likes

Prob can’t get quotes for their product. You’ll get quotes on bottom barrel surplus shit they are trying to flip.

Getting pricing and actually paying for something and having it landed is completely different ball game. Then doing business legit and opperating a insured and full liable business has its own challenges too.

1 Like

But it’s aMeRiCaN MaDeEe :us::us::us:

8 Likes

after having several brands of tent, gorilla are for sure superior. does the 100$ one get the job done? absolutely, depends on how much you use it and what you expect.
if your doors close with zippers you should probably have a high quality zipper that will last.

the same can be said across the board. brands can have manufacturing done at any level, cut rate or baller status. will still probably come from the same factory floor at different price points.

we have driven overseas manufacturing to make shitty products for pennies so they are for sure good at that by now.

4 Likes

Nope normal business rule is 4x,
1 for employer wage
1 for overhead
1 for any other xost that occur
1 for profit
How any “professionally” tought or ran business stays afloat and making the big bucks lol

4 Likes

Don’t forget the PayPal fees for the mini bike

10 Likes

Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not lol.

I used to manage a lighting design studio, and we started our prices at 3x list, and our clients would haggle down from there. We’d be happy with a 2x markup, and needed a 1.3x to break even if I remember correctly.

1 Like

That might be retail. American manufacturing is 10-100x to pay for business infrastructure.

4 Likes

i wonder what it would cost to build a track on your property. I want some gocarts for guests! Im wondering if an excavator can help you build a track on your property…

3 Likes

“Corner Bodega” 50 cent

Aight, check this shit out
Y’all niggas gon’ stay in the car
I’m 'a go and handle this shit
Gimme ten minutes, if I don’t come out, y’all come in
The money stays in the car ‘til I say so… word up
Aiyyo, what’s up what’s up, man
This is what y’all niggas is workin’ with for 22 cents a gram?

Man, when I come up in here treat me like I’m fam
I can go Uptown and get this shit 16 cents a gram
Bottom line is, man, I gotta cop and go
Got a spot and I can’t afford to stop the flow

Killa Glass? It could go well with the stainless

3 Likes

Employer wage? What’s that?? I haven’t been paid in months!!

3 Likes

Dirtbikes are way more fun, and a skid steer would get the job done! Perks of being a redneck I guess.

1 Like