Who is king of EToH Recovery?

Every picture I’ve seen from you is chineese tho. So I’m not shocked.

1 Like

They specified this, are they lying or are you shook?

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:. False.

Good luck with your film units tho!

We don’t hate, we participate.

(For the record falling formulations utilizes an “ex boeing lead” contracted sanitary stainless and aircraft aluminum welder)

3 Likes

I’ve only seen a couple pics. Post some pics of your units.

Please educate me.

2 Likes

Not the biggest on Earth but very nice size. 600+ GPH

9 Likes

does this qualify?

1 Like

If you have a million dollars I’m sure we could build something better

who is we?

We the people of future4200. Me? Shit I’ll collaborate with someone like @downtheterphole if you wanna make that happen :moneybag:

5 Likes

how many like this have you built prior?

Zero, but I know that entire system. I’ve watched that video several times. Its cool, it’s inspiring. We’re on an open source website, if you want one built it can be done. The most complex part in my opinion is the control room.

It would take a team to conquer a task like this, but for a million dollars, it can be done

2 Likes

I would love to see this collab

2 Likes

lmao another video. Still salty about them 50 dollar grams.

Recovering ethanol with a rice cooker…directly onto the next batch of biomass.

Surely that would scale :thinking:

edit: this was circa 2014. I found a couple of other pictures that show an insulated ~5l vessel in a rice cooker, plumbed to a MT69 in a bucket of water with a hose running.

yes. that is inner tube :wink:

7 Likes

A little late to the party here but this is exactly what this forum needs more of. Perfectly designed, ever so slightly hacky systems on the cheap. Beaucoup capacity on a budget

2 Likes

one year later and i fucking died laughing at this

2 Likes

Rice Cooker Tek FTW!!!

Just last week…

Needed to remove some ethanol. No rotovap at the moment, nor could I find a rice cooker.

Didn’t want to go above 35C on the evap anyway.

Dug around in the scrap pile and came up with the “retrovap”.

Blowing ethanol to atmosphere at 30C using a TRS-21… using a cold trap as the boiler.

Added the gauges because: everything is Just Better with instrumentation :shushing_face:

The temptation to build a small FFE was hard to resist, but then my request for a rotovap would have been ignored…

9 Likes

I never cease to be amazed at some of the shit that you guys come up with! (Specifically you @cyclopath !!!)

3 Likes

:shushing_face: Lmao

1 Like