Who here has raised pigs?

Isn’t it wierd how everyone thinks of cops. Yet our soldiers go out and collectively work to commit far worse atrocity, and we call them heros and thank them for their service?

Also my wife’s aunt, raised like 6 pigs in the woods on her property and she said she just fed them the “compost pile” and then what they ate in the woods… And they were fricken massive.

12 Likes

Our family friend grew organic manganese pigs and sold them for A LOT.
That all ended when the neighbors St Bernard’s killed 8 of the 10. I’ve been tempted to go help them out in exchange for a couple piglets. Stay tuned…

1 Like

You mean mangalitsa’s?

Heard great things about them the “Kobe beef” of pork, so they say.

And if you do post some pics bro!

2 Likes

Im a wimp but id probably just end up raising it till it dies naturally and treat it as a pet.

1 Like

is your son good people? if so then why do you regret him policing? cop doesnt mean bad. ive been to east coast and yes- cops are a gang against humanity. I wont step foot over on that shit coast of a bunch of wannabe mobsters in uniforms.

2 Likes

Drop this here

2 Likes

I grew up raising food and used to harvesting swine and beef. Ball pein hammer usually does the trick. just a grunt and they are out cold. I used to feed them scraps from local restuarants then finish them with stale crispy creme donuts for a week. Always came out yummy.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who read the title and thought OP was asking for parenting advice with chores?

6 Likes

Funny because I almost put “(not the wife beating kind)” at the end of the title, but I refrained lol

5 Likes

I grew up tending my fam’s “factory farm” -confinement housed swine. Can say from experience - this style of animal “husbandry” produces the most boofy ass pork youl ever eat. Smithfields does something at their packing plant to rid this meat of the bold flavor of hog shit+ammonia. I know this b/c we would occasionally take a coiled hog for our own meat stash, and I could always taste the shit that hog was marinating in its whole life. Sure, they lived in houses of the “hog slat” design - concrete floors with slotted holes with a huge flowing shit lake below that drained into the shit lagoon nearby. So not only marinating in a solid/liquid manor, these beasts were marinated in the vapor phase too LOL! Funny thing is, myself and my mother were the only members of my fam who could taste this note.

Anything I can share from this experience that might be helpful to your new pig farming venture? -probably not alot -

• These beasts can take you out at the knees. Maybe pigs in a more free range setup are more kind, but having a shock stick might not be a bad idea.
  • Eat some mushrooms and go hang out with em- unlike chickens and fish, pigs have eyes that you can gaze upon and see their soul. Theyre smart and each have personalities.
16 Likes

Or maybe don’t if you’re planning on eating them.

14 Likes

Just dont trip with the pigs- Fed To The Boars | Hannibal (2001) - YouTube

2 Likes

ok another tip.
do not feed them a lot of bread.
is free at bread outlets. but if the pigs
get it a lot for food. there assholes will
fuck up and will have problems.

5 Likes

Well Shit! That’s a new one on me!

1 Like

The pork vendor at my farmer’s market had that happen, pig knocked her down and blew out her knee, had to have surgery.

3 Likes

Omg. Slaughtering a pig has got to be like murdering a mutant human.

I would have to head shot them from a safe distance where they couldn’t make eye contact with me or it would haunt me.

How does a butcher normally seperate a pig from his soul? Air gun like a cow? Tie the feet and hoist and slit the neck with a knife?

4 Likes

Yeah they’re smarter than most dogs, they estimate around a 3-4 year old human for intelligence.

3 Likes

Heartbreaking.

But delicious.

6 Likes

So for goats: 9mm worked well on the Does and yearling wethers, but the bucks didn’t drop as clean with it so I started using my 10mm and had better results. Give them some grain and while they are eating get them right between the eyes/ears. Imagine drawing lines from one ear to the opposite eye. Where those lines cross is where I aim for. I planned to do basically the same thing for pigs, we have lots of options of larger calibers, if people think it’s preferred over a 10mm.

7 Likes

I honestly have absolutely zero desire to ever fucking take another life again as long as I live. I honestly couldn’t look into a pig’s eye and take its life. I’ve got absolutely feral cats around my property right now and I cannot bring myself to fucking shoot them even though I have a silencer and a weapon that will take care of it…

My Brother though he’ll take care of it LOL

10 Likes