Who else was scammed by arometrix and their fraction finder?

I’m sure I’m not the only one who was scammed out $5,000 due to @arometrix false advertising, lack of follow through on promises and shady business dealings.

I have an attorney on hand and am about to pull the trigger on a class action lawsuit. I just need a handful more victims to come forward.

Anyone that has purchased one and tried to implement it in their systems unsuccessfully please post on this thread publicly as well as dm me privately.

All in love, but man am I sick of being taken advantage of in this industry.

@Lincoln20XX I’ve seen you struggling. Anyone else?

7 Likes

Too bad I’m in Canada and almost certainly thus not able to be part of your class action.

sad Canadian noises

8 Likes

I wouldn’t count yourself out yet. A victim is a victim, no matter where they are. I’ll get some clarification from my attorney.

Your testimony could still prove useful as well.

1 Like

I believe @Lincoln20XX would make a fine expert witness and his insight and experience would certainly carry weight in the suit regardless if he were eligible or not to be part of the class.

7 Likes

You will waste a ton of time to most likely lose in court over 5k. Sunken cost.

8 Likes

@lightbulb what do you think

10 Likes

If you only knew how much time was waisted trying to get this thing to work, and being given the runaround by their employees you’d understand my willingness to waist more time bringing their shady business practices to light.
$5k might not be much to you, but to me it’s five thousand reasons.

2 Likes

You ever been in civil litigation? You’re talking year(s) of court dates, hearings. You can make that 5k back quicker if you cut your losses on the thing. Plus, you’ll most likely lose anyway or will have to pay for all sorts of expert witnesses which will be countered by their expert witnesses.

They’ve got a major head start on you in terms of data that will support to a judge and/or jury that the thing works.

Which direct claim that they made are you disputing on the device? What’s your “gotcha”? What’s your highest level education and degree in?

3 Likes

I’ve seen labs fall to this scam time and time again. I thought they were mostly out of the market but I guess they’re still pushing this sensor.

@lightbulb and @arometrix really should come out and make the victims at least partially whole again. Maybe @digivac and Summit-Research can help fund that.

3 Likes

Does he have an MS in analytical chemistry?

1 Like

It wouldn’t be hard to pick apart the white paper and data sheets in order to explain why the lie has made it this far. All a judge needs to know is that the company itself doesn’t stand by its ability to directly measure D9 and yet they market it as a d9 detection device. Without the mystification of cannabis + spectrophotometry, it’s a really simple case of correlation not equalling causation.

5 Likes

Have you ever been in front of a judge in a civil case? You can bring a stack of papers with what you think is detailed and irrefutable proof of what you’re saying and it may never even be looked at.

If it’s not so hard to pick apart the white paper, let’s see you do it and prove it’s not possible for it to work.

A judge is going to have no fucking clue what you’re even talking about (in terms of fractional distillation etc).

2 Likes

I spoke with them at a conference and we had a conversation regarding our testing of a coriolis meter and what we were seeing from a density perspective. After leaving that conversation I decided there is no way that meter works…

3 Likes

@AlexSiegel thanks for your input, I’ve seen you throughout the forums combating their lies. You are one of the good ones for that.

I agree it would be nice for the company(ies) to at least offer to make things right, but that would require them to admit they’ve been intentionally deceptive.

2 Likes

Has ANYONE had a positive experience with the fraction finder or its parent companies?

1 Like

I’m sure “Connor” has one and loves it. But he’s in Canada. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Maybe he’ll buy mine…

8 Likes

It’s impossible to have a positive interaction with a device that has no capacity to operate as advertised.

8 Likes

Maybe true.

I think I’ve covered a lot of what’s wrong in the white paper in different comments on this forum. I could probably summarize it into one post. I’ll try to do it tonight

When you move past the mysticism of cannabis+sensors it is really easy to see what’s going on. The hurtle I see is the total damages. Probably Arometrix is only liable for the difference between the 5k their customers pay for d9 detection and the fair price of that hardware in a vacuum, without a promise of d9 detection. That shrinks damages significantly to the point I don’t think a lawyer would take it yet.

2 Likes

Not to mention the hourly rate of the third party expert witnesses you’ll need to assess the device itself and be deposed. You’ll spend 3 years of your life fighting for 5k and end up with 5 dollars each after lawyer fees and other court expenses.

5 Likes