Who else thinks it's stupid that a TL 3 or above can lose there the trust level.... new poll halfway down I screwed the first one up was confusing..about post 51 new poll

This reminds me of Happy Gilmore :rofl:

3 Likes

Haha forgot about grasscity. I used to spend a lot of time on there in the early 2010s. What was your user name on there?

1 Like

I would always bid $1

4 Likes

Yeah you know that’s a really good point. Some people just can’t post, whether temporarily or permanently, and it doesn’t mean they’ve abandoned the community.

5 Likes

:raised_hands:t4::100::raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

I voted yes.

If you’re not active regularly on the forums, then you’re not at that time a regular participant of the forum.

Not sure it’s supposed to mean anything more than that.

9 Likes

Should probably have an immortal badge… or legacy badge…

2 Likes

You put the time in to read, contribute, and earn the badge you should keep it imo.

1 Like

Is regular status a trust level?

1 Like

Regulars are trust level 3. Leaders are trust level 4. Mods are level 5.

This is a tricky one, and in thinking about it, I think that the regular status should be able to be stripped if the requirements are not met.

That being said, I feel like the requirements for earning and maintaining regular status are a bit steep. I also believe that if one achieves that status, it should be easier to get back if they lose it. I really like the idea of voting people back to an elevated status. I’d vote for you, @StoneD, to get your status back any time! I feel like you have earned an elevated status on the forum.

I aso feel like there could be some other tag/label that elevates a users status, regardless of time currently active on the forum. People like @Photon_noir and @Graywolf should have a title that elevates them. @Beaker (RiP) was given the immortal mentor title. What do we honor the living legends with?!

Not sure what the forum OGs deserve as a title, but those of us who have put countless hours into the forum deserve a title that can’t be stripped.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

I didn’t read everything, I don’t have it in me this morning to read a bunch. At any rate, I think of you are able to maintain regular status for a period of one year (6 months or whatever) you should get to keep it. Definitely an amount of time to give people a goal to reach, and if they reach they could be “PR’s, or Permanent Regular”. That shows devotion more so than just a regular badge and could be a very good identifier for newbies as to whom will help them.
Food for thought

4 Likes

I want a “butthole king” badge

Level anus

15 Likes

You certainly earned that one! Bahaha!

2 Likes

Just got my “regular” status back a month ago. Why? I was pretty dead at work and spent a lot of time here. The consequences? I have about 350 memes to catch up on! Where will I find the time?!?!
Hey @StoneD, I can see the results but I can’t vote…wtf?

2 Likes

There’s a point where spending so much time on a forum makes someone less credible IMO.

7 Likes

there’s a new voting poll about halfway down since I worded the first one wrong I closed the first one

1 Like

I’m just here for the hurt feelings over losing imaginary Internet points
:joy:

1 Like

I really don’t care why you’re here I’ve put my time in been here since month 1 and have been helping ppl since day 1

regardless your here and posting maybe we’ll run into each other at meet up one day and I’ll find out your not such an ass

and it was my imaginary internet points and no one can have it or take it lol. im just messing back around with you no hard feelings it really doesn’t matter everyone has opinion

this is why I think I still deserve it and many others that have lost it also… yeah I’m normally the loudest guy in the room

I go back to 04 when I was just wee lil tadpole fresh outta hs and on was @Realdealz28 I stopped about 08… was gonna be moderator but I wouldn’t take

back in the @dierwolf days I can’t remember anyone else atm