White and Powdery Full Melt: What's the Tek?

Trichome shaped trichome collector?

5 Likes

Maybe someone can enlighten me on a theory I have.

Post extracted biomass from bho seems to have a different “electrical charge” for lack of a better term. It’s easy to knock off the empty trichomes with a kief tumbler. No ice or cold temps required. Is this a static phenomenon?

Sorry if it’s off topic lol

Don’t know if this will help but I made ice water hash out of 8 ounces of spent biomass that was stripped with butane.

It yielded a lot of trichs, but it would not ‘hash up’ or bond to itself in any way, once dried it stayed powdery, non-sticky and did not have a rich smell… I even heated the stuff… low temps at first then all the way up to 190°c. It didn’t even burn or melt or do anything notable, just made hot powder.

Maybe what is holding the charge for static extraction to work is the juice inside the trichs?

Seen some claims of people talking about precise and gentle mechanical separation severing heads and then using static to only collect the heads but I can’t see how it would only collect heads as technically it should collect anything it exchanges charge with including undesirables.

I’ve seen a lot of people switch from the DVD case method to just using a gloved hand. It looks like it’s a bit easier.

I’ve heard people speculate that Skunkman Sam’s secret tek works on a similar principle, since we know it requires very little equipment.

3 Likes

always hurts my brain when people misuse the word correlate

1 Like

Hurts my brain when people take me serious lol.

Irregardless theres some correlation

3 Likes

Got your wraps from @Cheebachiefextracts yet?

Bet you’re looking forward to all that resin!

You mean all that after a 45-60 minute burn? Ohhhhh nooooooo

Never once got all the way through

1 Like

That’s not something to be bragging about… that smoke must be hella dense.

I totally want to spend an hour straight huffing smoke.

Nah just you

1 Like

Ouuhhh sick burn.

1 Like

8 Likes

Correlates is synonymous with “tie in”, “conform to” “relate to” or even “equate to”, in the way that i used it… albeit informal, it is correct!

Boy oh boy semantics sure are fun!

3 Likes

That is a two cup discussion.
Now fresh, now frozen, now CO2/LN2 freeze fracture
Then sift or electrostatic fractions…there seems to be a lot of room at the bottom,
When you look at different sieve fractions before and after extraction……certainly there is considerable post extraction ghosts remaining. There is something to the electrostatic aspect in the known-unknown pile.

3 Likes

I know some companies making this type of product are using a speedmixer

1 Like

In Eu. Phr. herbal drug standards you weigh a sample with really nice precise scale… Burn it in a crucible at 600C and then weigh the sample again to determine organic matter throught ash left over…

Then throw over that some HCL, dehidrate to determine mineral content…

Could one do the same to grade le hashish

3 Likes

freeze dryer

1 Like

“LPI” refers to “Lines Per Inch,” which is a measure often used for screen printing in the art and apparel industries.

When you mention screens with LPI measurements, it immediately brings to mind screen printing screens. These screens are used to print designs onto t-shirts, posters, and other items. The LPI measurement indicates the number of lines (or threads) per inch in the screen. A higher LPI means a finer screen, which is capable of displaying more detail.

1 Like

1st post in, chief.

*was wrong. edited.

1 Like