Where do you shop for used equipment?

Aaron equipment has been sending me emails about centrifuges for a couple of years now, even though I haven’t actually purchased anything from them.

then I noticed a picture from this listing Unused- Delta Separations Ethanol Extraction Syst in our classifieds.

not sure when Aaron added a cannabis specific section, but it’s there, and warrants exploration if you’re looking for used equipment.

edit: ten min after I post this, their site is non-responsive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I used to like Labx.com for used lab gear. Not specific to cannabis.

7 Likes

I always found there to be a lot of teasers on labx. You call about a cheap old unit and get the whole “we just sold that but if you tell us your budget we’ll sell you something 10 years old for more than it costs new”.

eBay and Craigslist of course but we also buy a bunch of stuff off bidspotter when it works out.

5 Likes

I love university auctions!

8 Likes

That sucks.

What are you going to do, brokers need to catch a customer somehow I guess. Doesn’t stop me from trying but it is a real pain in the ass to get your time wasted like that.

1 Like

I always do a quick search through Ebay, LabX, Equipnet, Here, Craigslist, then of course just google.

I’ve gotten some pretty cool stuff and made some pretty interesting friends buying gear off of Craigslist.

2 Likes

I have a side hustle buying new old stock and good surplus industrial equipment and helping people do the same. DM me if ure looking for something specific maybe i can help u find it

2 Likes

in toronto labcradle is good source

I have a ton of used & new equipment for sale! What are you looking for?

That depends on the day…and the task at hand.

Often I don’t know what I need until I see it. Most of the time the OEM never considered using it for the task. Can you say “off label”?

This thread is about sharing places to shop.

If you’ve got a website you’d like to share, by all means do so.

If you happen to have a cheap peeler up your sleeve, hit me up via DM

3 Likes

to add some more sources not previously listed:
dovebid, bidspotter, IPP, fedEquipment
are all places ive frequented for years.
EquipLab on Ebay is a good shop too. hes in socal, and hip to what we use/need and is a great guy to work with in my experience.

2 Likes

If you’re gunna advertise for yourself you should say :tipping_hand_man:t2: Not hating either, just saying let people know you’re the plug

2 Likes

Someone posted this auction site: Government Surplus Auctions - govdeals.com up a while ago. I’ve seen a couple of different pallets of vacuum pumps go for 3k. I wish I had some capital because there have been some awesome buys that I wish I was on the receiving end of.

1 Like

Wow… There is a nice reactor on there for like $250… Bookmarked

1 Like

Yeah, the only thing that really sucks about that site is that you have to arrange shipping, and it’s my ASSumption that they expect you to show up to deal with shipping yourself.

Everytime I go back to see my folks in Pennsylvania I check craigslist. You’d be surprised. Last time I was home saw 5 Edward’s pumps 200 a pump basically brand new. Lots of pharma there not a lot of MJ businesses. Most of the used equipment I find there is straight out of a pharma lab. I’ve had good luck in Illinois as well. Besides that universities all day. I keep an eye on UC davis used lab equipment.

6 Likes

I got a decent Agilent flash unit, some data loggers, and peristaltic pumps at about 25% of ebay rates on www.ssllc.com

Also check out biosurplus.com

Saw a 100L ace reactor with mixer and jackets for its jacket go for $1500. Caveat: arranging shipping.

2 Likes

I just witnessed an E2M28, along with 5 other pumps, sell for $200 on govdeals. How does shipping work on that site? Organize with seller I’m assuming

2 Likes