When will the Hemp/CBD Market Stabilize?

Yes, a farmer can make money at $8… even $6. Depends on if field
drying or owning your own dryers and not including cap x.

1 Like

Who got Distillate at $750? or under 1k?

2 Likes

Yet the retail market stays the same :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

7 Likes

Isn’t that the craziest thing.

2 Likes

I use the “I smell cat shit” face. That’s the real story here. Still $70 a gram.

1 Like

I think retail is the same because the stores/brands locked into high dollar contracts pre-harvest when prices didn’t suck.
Edit: There’s also not a lot of incentive for retailers to undercut the market, especially if they can sell at the same price with 1/10th the input cost.

1 Like

that’s not true. my co2 processer just flashed me a photo of their brand new 1000 mg bottle- $70. 5000 mg bottle was 300. not on the shelves yet, made with $2 a gram oil he purchased through my neighbor. this is not a small player. he also has the owners of large manufacturers of dog food, cat food, etc… waiting in the wings for fda approval. this is not hear say.

2 Likes

Excellent share, thanks!

1 Like

Pet products are often the most ridiculous in price. I just sell people the same 250 mg oil that is the product for humans. It does seem to work very well on animals, which at least partially debunks the placebo argument about cbd.

2 Likes

There was a study that showed a drastically higher uptake and binding of cannabinoids in dogs, I want to say it was like 10,000 times the effect or something ridiculous.

1 Like

I was hearing $750 for bulk full spectrum distillate months ago. My rule of thumb for anyone who wants to invest in extraction is to predict that the price will fall 4x the value it is right now, by time you get your extraction lab up and running (at least 6 months). What is going on in the industry is large cooperations that didn’t want to get their hands dirty and actually extract themselves (due to regulatory risk and or banking issues) pushed a large amount of money into equipment for extractors and marketing. When the demand for distillate and other concentrates isn’ there. Their job is to sell the equipment, charge a premium, and inflate the profit margins their customers will make. This worked/ is still working really well. These large manufacturers of lab equipment piggy-backed off of the hype of legalizing hemp/cannabis, when they had no market research to back up their profitably claims. The result of this is an exponential increase in supply of concentrates, which then decreases demand.

What is going to happen in the next upcoming months is smaller extraction labs will go out of business if they are still in the game of trying to make money off of selling wholesale concentrates (if you are a processor and are still thinking this is possible good-luck, not unless you have millions to work with). This is simply not the way to go, by now there is an abundance of labs across the United States and there are some insane facilities producing 100-1000’s of kg’s per day. Your small mom and pop lab will never be able to compete. Just because all of the smaller labs are going out of business doesn’t mean that prices will go back up. This is a pipe dream. There is a larger supply of biomass and extraction equipment than ever before. Unfortunately, the supply of biomass in the market will still be in abundance until the next season where the prices will crash even harder. We might see a slight increase in prices around June, everyone hopes will increase for a few months and then the prices will fall right back down. The falling prices for distillates and other concentrates are here to stay.

In positive note this isn’t necessarily a bad thing! This is the time to innovate and do something different so you can stand out. Competition drives innovation, only the strong will survive. It’s not going to be easy, but if you try your hardest every day and push in the right direction you can make it out.

8 Likes

i will pray for that. make this oil worth nothing. the general pop will gain access and ALL who understand the benefits of this plant will be WELL.

1 Like

As much as i’m in favor of lowering consumer costs for CBD and expanding the market, I would hate for pricing to fall to the point where only big ass evil corporations can make money at it. I hope for a craft beer industry model of cannabis.

6 Likes

On the opposite regulated end: Can anyone speak to how medical EU-GMP distillate pricing $/kg is holding up with new accredited facilities coming online globally? More hope in this space?

1 Like

for small potatoes that’s exactly where it’s at. great soil bank, great water source, organic and lush premium pampered grows with limited supply. just like a fine winery. just like refusing to drink miller lite or bud…many will understand the difference. not the gen pop but who cares.

1 Like

i have an 80 acre pasture, organic, no grazing or animal pressure for 42 yrs. it has a class a trout stream on it.

4 Likes

I would also like someone to elaborate on this, the US is one market, but how about the EU/GMP market? I hear distillate is selling for much more per kilo/liter in Europe.

Can someone confirm or does anyone have any info on this??

:wink:cheers!

My friend gives his dog about 3-5mg of CBD as needed. If the dog doesnt get the CBD he gets cranky…

3 Likes

My lab assistant gives his dog about 35mg daily before he comes to work. If he forgets, the house is trashed when he returns.

3 Likes

We are doing a 1000mg full spectrum tincture for $30, which I think is too expensive still given the cogs. We are coming out with a “generic” tincture that is 6000mg CBD for a $50 msrp. I figure 10mg/drop is easier to dose and people will actually be able to get a useful dose out of it.

2 Likes