When it comes to job offers on here

Think you missed the point. They dont need to make another guy rich on his big grow with more headache when you can make the same amount ge is offering in your garage. Legally.

2 Likes

I live in a state where itā€™s legal.

First step for all these people worrying about all the breaking the law stuff is move to somewhere itā€™s not an issue. There are a few states you can legally trap out the old garage amd make 100k in your sleep. Thatā€™s only a few lbs a month.

6 Likes

Anyway man, Iā€™m only engaging because Iā€™ve had a few drinks and Iā€™m a lonely piece of shit. I can see both sides.

5 Likes

Yeah. What about if the cartel finds out your trapping in their backyard and send the goons to rip your shit.

Then what. I get it. Like I said. I share the same though process but not everyone is ready to risk it all

2 Likes

Cartel lol. Havenā€™t seen many of those in Oregon or Maine.

3 Likes

I guess your lucky then. I guess there are no rippers at all in them states either.

2 Likes

I grew in Az for half the 90s and didnt see them there either unless you needed to buy brick weed or coke. Nice guys really.

Until you start taking food from their families mouths. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what wifi cameras and security systems are for.

When you grow in a legal medical state you can just have the cops show up like itā€™s any old burglary. They dont like thiefā€™s either.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they always work. I see them on blacklist just about every week. Lol. I get it bro. Lol

No one gets robbed and killed with a camera system.

Easy to call the police when your dead too. :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

If weā€™re talking about high level 6 figure salary positions, then the importance of the role they play vs an extra 25k may or may not matter if they are well qualified, educated and bring more to the table than you may have originally expected.

Would I potentially pay 125k to someone who asked when I may have originally only expected to pay 100k? I would certainly think about it if the candidate was right. At these levels of salaries the expectation is the candidate is able to bring significant value to the business. So itā€™s up to me to determine if they bring enough value to pay them 25% more. I donā€™t think that is a scenario thatā€™s out of the question.

At the end of the day it really depends on what that person brings to the table no? As long as the compensation ends up being agreed upon and fair in the eyes of both the employer and employee why does it matter whether I ask them a fair compensation first or provide them with the expected compensation I would give?

3 Likes

You seem like the type of person that would list the pay rate (100k) and then actually have a real conversation with them of they ask for more amd come to a workable compromise.

You are a good egg and this is totally professional amd respectable. Everyone should aim to be like this.

Iā€™m referring to a position where you dont list the pay rate. It puts a potential hire on the shitty end of the power dynamic and I consider it exploitative.

5 Likes

Appreciated. I try to be a good egg. I can totally see where you are coming from though.

Any successful business is successful because of the people who work for it, in my opinion. So Iā€™ll always realistically evaluate talent and pay for talent that would have an immediate and long lasting impact on the success of the business. Especially in a market/industry thatā€™s so new with so many players (legal cannabis), paying for quality talent to stand out early pays for itself several times over in the long run.

3 Likes

Can confirm no cartels here in Maine lol, are you working out here now?

No but I have bros and I love the laws there. Almost better than Oregon

2 Likes

which state?

the extra 25 k is less than what it would cost for a joint rolling wookie and they come with liabilities more than assets.

3 Likes

now I have to grow beyond a joint rolling wookie LOL

1 Like

Real talk. Compensation should be based on performance. Not hiring entry value.

7 Likes

If your underlings are better than you ā€¦ Then you have more issues than losing a job.

5 Likes