What's your Dry Ice excuse? (Non legal state)

I am a DJ so I used that as my intital reason to need Dry Ice (Fog machines), but I’m worried I might get the side eye if I keep returning week after week or I may not. I’m figuring its business as usual and they may not even ask again. But what are some of the reasons you guys use for purchasing all this dry ice? I will be getting 50-75 lbs at a time. (Non legal state).

I just say I’m using it for fishing. I used to say we are going offshore for a few days. The last person that I got dry ice from would ask me to toll for them so I didn’t worry

6 Likes

You should just print out bogus flyers for your shows every week and make a point to invite your rep every single time. They will never ask questions again.

I know of some guys who said they “needed it for their kids science fair project”

3 Likes

tell em youre flash freezing produce? :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like

Exactly.

I needs it to freeze dry all these damn zucchini…

11 Likes

Here’s something I figured out. For a premium $1/lb. Groceries all have dry ice freezers. I buy 30-60lb at a time. Some 16yo kid at the customer service desk could give 2 shits why you need it.

2 Likes

$1.69 out here at all grocery stores.

2 Likes

I’ve found it for 69 cents per lb (assorted chunky) but I have to go to a distributor.

1 Like

Off shore fishing sounds like a great backup for sure.

2 Likes

No excuse necessary. The less you speak the better. Grocery stores usually always have a limited stock. Two or three grocery stores and you’re good. That’s a very minimal amount of dry ice. Distribution or manufacturing? I know manufacturing wouldn’t produce dry ice for just a small order like that. Distro price is solid difference. I would just roll the fishing one and bring a cooler if you found a good supplier.

2 Likes

the lady at the cash register in the grocery store always asks me what I’m doing or makes some dumb ass comment like , you’re not making pipe b_*#s are you?

I always just tell them I’m making hash. They can go fuck themselves

19 Likes

I honestly think that’s their biggest concern. Idiots blowing their hand off. One of my wooks went to get dry ice once and they questioned him. But he’s also 22 and looks like the type to blow shit up.

4 Likes

Just pretend your on the phone talking to someone.

2 Likes

Honestly @Papabearflorida you need to find your local welding supply store that sells dry ice. Its half the price and they don’t care

7 Likes

i do computer overclocking and in order to get the front side bus and multiplier high enough I need to up the voltage of the CPU to over 4 volts which will damage the chip unless I get the temperature low super low

I ship chocolates and with this heat we need to keep everything frozen

I sell and ship meat

I sell candy online

I have a fetish where I freeze my balls and have craigslist hookers kick them for 50$ an hour

26 Likes

You could say you need it to freeze mice for your snake. It’s not illegal to buy dry ice in any state and I don’t think you should even give a reason. It’s dry ice for fucks sake lmfao.

5 Likes

I was asked a million questions too bc it’s a dry ice distributor and that’s all he does.

After about the first couple months he stopped caring why and what and only cares about $ and when u coming

2 Likes

Just Incase, just say it’s used to “clean automated weld lines”.

1 Like

:joy: Well said.

3 Likes

I’ve called everyone in a 30 mile radius with no luck. Best I’ve found was a dry ice distributor about an hour away.