What's Next?

That’s pretty cool thread

Idk I’m just ready for challenge to laid out in front me something to really get our heads spinning together working as a team again like the OTSS thread or crc thread…even the ethanol thread that went huge

2 Likes

I think we already had that challenge thread but it stalled out.

Still waiting on those open source blue diamonds :wink:

7 Likes

I have an idea for a spd head design id like to flesh out, I’ll model it in a bit

The jist of it is a jacketed head with bubble plates to help push through heads/reject tails more efficiently. You can add a heater and a valve to adjust flow and maintain the temperature gradient of the head more precisely

4 Likes

Hell yeah calling all disty guys we have an idea to try

2 Likes

Man I must have missed it

Will I get the search bar lecture? :grin:

1 Like

You definitely did not miss it - you were pretty active.

1 Like

O the blue stone thread…that’s not the kind I mean… obviously no really cares to make there stones blue or we all would know the answer by now and be doing it too

I found that thread really vague

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: More Off Topic banter

With ppl like @Soxhlet leading the board all you gotta do is light a fire under his ass with something badass and tell him it’s one million dollars to have the tek…in 2weeks he’ll have it busted open and open sourced.

They don’t make em like him everyday though. Truly a cannabis warrior

1 Like

crude mockup

How The Bubble Plate Column Works:
Vapor comes into contact with the plates and caps inside the column; causing vapor to condense back into a liquid. As vapor rises, it condenses and pools. Some liquid drips back down through the column, some of the vapor moves on. The liquid that falls is eventually forced back up though the caps and plates. This process of being forced to run though the caps and plates multiple times creates an end product that has essentially been distilled multiple times in a single run, which results in a higher proof when compared to an empty column. The bubble plates have perform a similar function as the copper packing in the hybrid column, but does so more efficiently. When running a bubble plate column the first run will start in the range of 145-170 proof and the proof will drop from there.

from an ethanol distillation websie. I don’t see why the same concept can’t be applied here

9 Likes

Did you make that video? If so, sweet music and solid design work!

5 Likes

This is pretty similar to the stainless head I make. Vapor goes up and out while the liquid is rejected. Most heads collect the liquid.

Also I would highly recommend @pdxcanna for 3D modeling work for anyone checking this out

8 Likes

My first thought as well

5 Likes

I’d like to start a thread on spectrophotometry soon.
Things like what is it, uses in color remediation (distillation, CRC, chromatography, crystallization) and available hardware options. Hoping to make it e a 5-10 post series updating the thread every week or so with something new.

9 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see a thread about the different formations of thca made via different solvents or cosolvents

Like acetone thca…heptane thca…hexane thca…butane thca…propane thca(you’d need a bunch dry Ice to let it slowly evap to do it right…pentane thca…some one was telling me about a botanical terp that will grow large thca boulders fast…then u do something like lle to remove the terp u used to grow it in…I’d be afraid the thca would taste just like the terp from super fast formations…what solvents I leave out maybe ethanol bc it can be done…ethyl acetate I think it is maybe dcm… Just a stock pile of different formations formed by using different solvents…hell maybe even naptha

Maybe even a mix of some these solvent to see if it changes the growth structure. Bc I’ve seen some crystals that look nothing of my bho stones

5 Likes

Yeah, I picked cad back up during the pandemic. Song is “catching smoke” by king gizzard and the lizard wizard

Thanks, still looking forward to you posting some of the stuff I helped you with

8 Likes

That would be a fun one for sure.

Break each solvent down further with solvent to thca ratios, temps used to saturate and temps use to crash as well so we can see how each variable changes the outcome.

3 Likes

Some solvents definitely changes the growth structure but idk if it’s actually thca bc lately I’ve seen needle like thca and rectangular quartz looking thca

3 Likes

I ordered a refractometer for making pectin candy, I’d like to see if I can get any meaningful info out of it for crystalization with different solvents

5 Likes

Is it one of these