What's avg pricing for d8 & d9?

Hey y’all. Curious what pricing is like for good quality d8 & d9. (Bulk and/or retail…I’m interested in knowing all price points…from retail grams to bulk liter ticket) if you don’t mind sharing.

The d9 is surprisingly potent especially after adding CDT :sunglasses:

Purple color (ph issue) prob from running too hot and fast.

Also wondering if ppl are seeing a lot of d9 with the purple and pink tints?

3 Likes

I recently grabbed some and just wondering about pricing and if others are seeing purple color distillate out there.

1 Like

Purple colored d9 is 99% chance it’s converted.

20 Likes

Def is converted. I’m just tinkering around …was thinking about starting a hemp line. All legal thing. :thinking:

The assay checks out…and ive been smoking and eating em. Gave a few away and ppl like em. Any reason I shouldn’t sell?

I’ve never been into these alternate noids but the co I get em from is extra solid. I’m still debating.

I’d like to know your opinion though.

Does the purple tint signify that undesirables are left behind from the conversion? I thought that purple hue or tint was removed when done properly.

Nah it’s usually a ph issue. This stuff is clean…just was ran too hot and fast…it’s oxidized. I made a few vapes and it was just dark purple on the top layer.

Still slight purple hue…but nah no undesirables…just oxidized.

BUT anyone else feel free to chime in. I don’t know everything

1 Like

I personally think it’s oxidation from being a conversion. The converted thc liters seem to oxidize much more rapidly when not sealed with an inert gas. I’ve seen completely perfect liters turn purple inside 2 weeks when not sealed properly. I’ve had conventional d9 here for over 3 years in the same mason jar just vacuum sealed and shows not a single oxidation ring at the top.

5 Likes

How do you think PH issue would be caused by “running too hot and fast”

8 Likes

:thinking: Appreciate the insight. I’ve never seen any kind of distillate not oxidize. But then again I haven’t seen years old sealed distillate.

I wasn’t really a fan of d9 until recently. I see why your a fan of mixing it in your blunts/J’s

Do you notice any differences between converted d9 and conventional ? (I don’t personally but curious what you think)

I didn’t word it right…I meant it may be a ph issue…but it’s probably from running it too hot and fast. Oxidized.

I read it somewhere on here that processing it too hot and fast causes the oil to oxidize quicker than normal.

1 Like

Converted thc fucks me up way more eating it than conventional in the same mg amount. I’ll never smoke converted thc again knowingly. I tried putting it in my blunts for like a month but I
kept getting really bad throat irritation to the point where I stopped smoking for a few days each time as a result. It’s the first time I’ve had throat irritation that bad and since I stopped trying to smoke it. I haven’t had that issue since

I only bought it cause it was too cheap to pass up and I had planned to make 1000 gummies to
Just give away and this was the cheapest route to making that happen.

3 Likes

:thinking: “Knowingly” what? B/c it gets you more buzzed than reg d9? You don’t want to smoke it?

I haven’t noticed any problems at all w the kind I grabbed. Just oxidizes purple. But I’m trying to soak up as much info as I can.

I’m assuming you got it from a reputable camp…I mean unless you bought it outside a gas station in a guy driving a crappy ragady station wagon. Lol

You have the coa, assay some kind of lab report on it? Trustworthy?

Genuinely curious

No when I did smoke it, it causes such a painful irritation that it makes me stop smoking all together. Smoking converted d9 didn’t get me much higher than smoking conventional d9. Eating it had a much more intoxicating effect than I usually get from eating 300mg of d9.

Not only did it come with a coa, I didn’t believe said coa and paid for it to get tested again by one of the better labs out there. It’s hard to get much better than 92-93% d9 thc and 96% total cannabinoids on a cheap $800 single liter of converted d9.

3 Likes

After being offered a ridiculously low price on over 95% d9 I had spoke with a few PhDs in organic and synthetic chemistry. We agreed even 2.4% of unidentified synthesis byproducts carried enough potential long term risk even if there was no clear short term risk.

Ultimately, it’s for each person to decide. Many of us consume tobacco, alcohol, or excessive amounts of sugar, or we choose to be mostly sedentary, and we know the short and long term risks associated with those choices.

I think the issue is many people aren’t aware of the risks they’re taking, believing there is no difference between the relatively ‘safe’ cannabis products we’ve been consuming for thousands of years and the ones that are being produced now.

I’m reminded of Miracle Juice, a liquid solution of gasoline and lemon, with unknown added ingredients, that is very popular amongst the people of the Congo regardless of their station, who purchase it from a highly respected priest. It probably gets its roots from the highly addictive practice of huffing jet fuel to get a short high which is popular in Nairobi. My point being the priest is a horrifically corrupt man because he is fully aware of the risks and lies associated with his product, where his consumers are the unfortunate masses who simply lack proper education.

In our case, many of the sellers of converted products are not convinced of the risks since there are no apparent short term risks, so that’s a little better.

I’d go as far as to say if you don’t watch them pump your Ls out personally or decarb isolate yourself you’ll never know if you’re getting a converted swap unless you can afford to test the product, and even then you might not have what you think you do depending on who does the test.

7 Likes

I thought you said b/c the edible was stronger than reg d9 that’s the reason you won’t smoke it…I understand your saying it irritated your throat… lol

The stuff I’m puffing on is like 3k for the liter and it’s not irritating at all. Doesn’t make me cough much even big hits.

If it made my throat hurt I’d think something was in it for sure. Sounds like bs to me though. Lol

I’m assuming it was raw…but maybe you poured some trash replica terps on it. :thinking: Or it was trash distillate.

Have you tested the converted material?

2 Likes

3k for a L of converted disty.
Tf
And it’s purple?! Hard pass

12 Likes

I guess you can’t read. Cause I only put it in my blunts. I didn’t pour fake terps in it and just mine tests extremely well, came with a full panel coa including pesticides and heavy metals and isn’t purple. Lol.

I’m just telling you my experience. You can keep smoking the purple $3000 liters of converted cannabinoids apparently from ph due from heat and speed……

I think I smoke more distillate than most people. I think my experience is very valid for people considering these cheaper conversions.

8 Likes

As far as the color issue goes;

All cannabinoids oxidize, and often the presence of some natural contaminants actually act as anti-oxidants. That and some existing gold hues could perhaps make the color change less noticeable/pronounced.

When starting with 99% cannabinoids, and turning them into a mix of 99% cannabinoids, they’re going to show more presence of oxidation.

I only grabbed 100 grams. Just the top was purple…but it dang sure doesn’t make my throat hurt. It’s pretty smooth. Got lab report.

Just b/c you can get something for $1 a gram doesn’t mean it’s going to be good. I’d rather pay a little more knowing it’s high quality.

$0.80 for some hurt your throat stuff

$2.95 for some smooth safe stuff.

If I got more would be cheaper. I’m not saying I get the best prices.

*Its not as dark as it appears in that one pic. And only top layer