What would cause a mantle to heat past set temp and burn? Terry from lanphan

The beauty of a fabric mantle is that you could literally have a soft mantle for every flask size and you would only need 1 stir plate and one heating controller

1 Like

This isnā€™t true. Your forgetting heat mass, wattage per size, and a few other things. The point to making a good mantle is all the features within to make your factions more stable and come off faster. You just donā€™t get that with fabric. As you go up in size wattage increases and your stir feature needs to become more robust. I believe many have tried the one unit build, take radleys heat on block - Wich proved to be a failure in the industry and massive overshooting.

2 Likes

I cannot put a price on safety. For that reason I refuse to become liable with these import units. Iā€™m sorry. I would love to help with this experiment of yours but Iā€™ve moved onto to a better solution with very innovative controll and performance. Typically when summit makes a move like that we donā€™t ever look back, and slowly youā€™ll see every vendor take note and follow our lead. Thatā€™s a big statement if you think about it.

2 Likes

But the beauty of the jkem and auber instruments controller is that power is a user-controlled input. I believe with the auber unit the power can be changed from zero up to 100%. Of course you would be bound by the voltage of the mantle which I know the bigger 10 l Plus are 220 volt

1 Like

I am not debating your motives or questioning your reasons. I absolutely understand where you are coming from and why you are doing what you were doing but there will still be those of us bottom feeders then simply do not have the money to operate some of this nice equipment I myself am a medical caregiver in Maine and operate a medical lab at my house I am most certainly at the mercy love my pocketbook therefore I tend to teeter on the edge of safety vs budget

3 Likes

Brother. My telle is 408-348-7264. Take a moment to call me in a hour or so and we can chat.

Sometimes its best to move forward and focus on whatā€™s available that will make your life much easierā€¦I tend to move forward and never look back. And the results show. Talking about those other brands and not understanding there is a golden goose sitting in front of you might be your most painful mistake. Iā€™m happy to go over details with you and share private info about products that will help you accelerate your lab and process.

2 Likes

Thank you for that and Iā€™ may very well do that here in the near future. I think having a vendor this willing to help there customers is a pretty big gesture especially in this industry

1 Like

As a added bonus. Iā€™ll give u a cash credit for whatever you paid for your previous mantle and apply it to a purchase on a new one when the time comes. Iā€™m always available to have that hour long chat about electronic heaters and the option customers have in the industry.

4 Likes

Maybe it wonā€™t work at all.

I already have stir plate.

I probably have everything I need to make the controller. I actually like making the controller stuff, so even if it is a wasteā€¦Iā€™ll have fun and learn something.

Iā€™ve been wanting to try a full cover fabric heating mantel. Itā€™s not about being efficient for me, it is about more granular control.

Iā€™m not trying to take products to market. Iā€™m just having fun.

3 Likes

That same feels is what got me to bring these new items to the market and develop them into what they are. Tinkering and combining different tech together to get some awesome gear for the customers.

5 Likes