What would cause a mantle to heat past set temp and burn? Terry from lanphan

What’s going on?

Does terry have an account here?

2 Likes

Yes it’s broma-w

BromaW-Manager

I think the problem was resolved, though.

1 Like

Can you find a 20L GlasCol?

So I just ordered a cheap Chinese mantle and had almost exactly the same issue. Only after attempting to do a run and noticing the mantle essentially clean itself did I stumble upon this gem…

Maybe if could be of some use to you.

1 Like

Hey everyone. If you call my shop in the morning we are having a fire sale and selling all import mantles at half off or cheaper as is.

The price is amazing and it comes with a free upgrade credit to a techno-heat when you are ready to upgrade. No bullshit just a great savings offer (so you can buy a china mantle and get through your job and have that credit to upgrade later) We have seen serious small fires start with lanphan mantles but it isn’t all, just some when customers come to us a d show us the random issues. We’ve even heard of Minor elecricutions because at high temp some cheaper relays get hot and malfunction. Lanphan and many other suppliers don’t inspect or qc products, they mostly are middlemen, they aren’t the real manufacturer of these mantles - Vic science or amber make them generally. Things in china have changed so we are greatly worried about the customers safety last couple months and are proud to introduce new heating technology to help you guys accellerate your process and quality.

Again the mantle issue is global and has started beg of Jan because the restrictions in China are preventing them From doing a quality build. When we found out we acted fast and did everything we could to both upgrade our customers without taking any additional money from them and solve the issue and bring a solution to the table everyone is happy with.

what restrictions are preventing a quality build?

1 Like

If these China mantels could be had cheap enough I would wire in An auber instruments 220 or Jkem controller to bypass the internal PID.

Won’t work because different circuit.

There are painting and assembly restriction and component ones. It has something to do with new regulation on the environment. They paint things at night so not to get in trouble and then falsify paperwork on standard assembly procedures and falsify components so the government doesn’t know what components come in and out of the shop. You have to realize at some point these mantles become cheaper than it cost to build them normally. That’s a sign there’s a tide turning. Every supplier who got these mantles from Jan on or even earlier is now facing a huge safety crisis. We have permanently discontinued them from our inventory and moved on for the safety and benefit of our customers.

1 Like

Surely it is not an impossible task to find the two leads to the fabric coil heater

Shit you might even be better off ripping out the circuitry inputting the spin control on a rheostat and putting in your own PID

Anyone have a broken china mantle they will sell me cheap? LOL

3 Likes

Yeah, even if said controllers won’t work, I’m sure we could figure it out.

Personally I would rather spend time and money on making a fabric heating mantel on a stir plate.

But if these thing are cheap enough…

1 Like

I’ve tried getting lanphan to make simple fabric mantels but they won’t. The next best thing is used glass col on eBay then wire up your own controller or pick up a used Jkem

1 Like

I have tons at my shop you can come get whatever you want for free. It’s the impedance and circuit. China uses a low impedance hesaing band because it accepts more wattage where glasscol and jkem use higher impedance and lower wattage overall. China uses a servo motor for the spiner while others use a magnetic motor coupler with no servo switch on the motor. I don’t believe these technologies are compatible in a safe manner is all. You are right. Anyone can find the wires in a mantle but is it trully safe or right to mess with it when better solutions exist on market already?

1 Like

Lanphan doesn’t make mantles or anything. They are a middle man sales company that front images as if they are a manufacturer, as I said Amber or Vic science mostly make these units.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be crude in this response but…

Aiming for a fabric mantle on a stir plate is absurd.

Youre literally asking to make your process least efficient and slower when you spend time on this.

Like I said. There are solutions avail that are safe and will benefit your process that won’t cause headaches on the market already.

1 Like

You are talking to a very stubborn and very cheap person here. Is it safe? Probably not it was probably never saved to begin with coming from China and built the way they are hell it would probably be safer after I’m done with it.

Honestly that is a very nice offer and it is greatly appreciated. But I believe you are on the West Coast which is about 3000 plus miles away. I have wanted to try to score one of these broken in rip out the guts screen replace with some different electronics.

I guess it makes sense using a servo motor for the spinner since they are using a digital controller and it would be a bit more expensive to go from digital to analog motor control

2 Likes

Yes I have found that out as well any competent manufacturer should be able to make a fabric mantle very easily

1 Like