What was the most interesting thing you heard at MJBizCon?

I skipped the madness at mjbizcon this year but definitely nursing a little bit of FOMO.

Catch me up:

— What were you hearing in Las Vegas?

— Which states were people talking about?

— Any new companies really standing out?

— What was the must-hit party?

— How much are you up or down?

— And how much Vegas is TOO MUCH Vegas?

I hope everyone gets home safely! Looking forward to reading the comments.

4 Likes

The coolest piece of extraction equipment I saw was @globtek33 and xd crystallization system and some automated pre roll infusion stuff.

Lots of people are coming out with planetary centrifuges and all the water soluble stuff is getting cheaper.

There were lots of cool consumption events at the Cosmo and a cool party at Top Golf from a terpene company. Tons of events with Z-list rappers

3 Likes

Are these systems using mixer motors to separate hte from thca powder after collections of a cls?

Starting to hear about this tech floating around and some consultants are selling this tech?

Its literally a stainless steel c1d1 filter reactor basically

5 Likes

Started selling systems configuration like these to my partner labs last year, its a pretty easy and cheap modification, but none of the labs are anywhere near large enough to need it yet and some produce 100+ lbs a week :sweat_smile:, and you can use a inline centrifuge to separate but can also just turn heat up on collection and nitro push the hte out since the thca will act like a sintered disk or add solvent and cold wash hte through into 2nd collection

8 Likes

thats exactly the scale ive been told its been used for. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-80lbs of thca powder a week.

i also hear the people utilizing this tech are selling thca for under 2$ a gram. LOL At least there is cheap medicine these days. Not much money in producing cannabis at those numbers.

7 Likes

Yep We sell it for 1.90$ a gram :cry: worlds crazy :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Come to Vancouver and I’ll show you 8-10 a gee

The low-temp automatic grammer was a cool piece of equipment. I saw a couple others, including a heat-free one. Those were probably the top 2 pieces of “new” equipment for me.

Also saw the flaktek speed mixer in person for the first time. those are cool as fuck.
definitely wanna get them out for a demo.

and I saw the “controlled crystallizer” systems @apeksuser mentioned as well. There are a couple companies selling that equipment/IP now. but we’ve been working on that for a bit now, so it wasn’t anything “new.”

and holy SHIT, how about all the vape hardware vendors??? good lord. had to be like 25 of them.

Couple cool parties… aoki at hakkasan, top golf event on Wed. was chill, and had a great meeting/smokeout at the bungalow Smokiez got in the cosmo.

Pretty dope trip!

6 Likes

The tech is nothing new or any different then the way people crash cbd in the hemp industry. It’s just vessels rated for the solvents i wanted to crash in. The reason the system worked the first time i ever ran it perfectly is because ive built out multiple rooms in the past that each did 100kg a day of cbd. I have crashed more cbd then i can even remember. I will say i feel these type of advancements have been needed 1 to make post processes faster and 2 to preserve the terps that people are trying so hard to save by doing ff. I will say my hte layer that comes out from the system doesnt need vac to purge the residual solvent as its so liquidy the butane doesnt really have much holding it in

11 Likes

hell yeah man, it’s badass for sure. yours is the Titan setup, right?
that’s the one I have seen the most of

Just wait till hemp spots realize they can crash thca from etoh crude. Going to get cheaper quickly, especially as scaled etoh spots come online for precipitation.

16 Likes

How low can you go

THCA for everyone! Hahaha I see no issues with this. Let it bottom out and everyone gets high. Mission accomplished.

2 Likes

The amount of vape vendors was comical. Although, I will say that iKrusher was the most impressive with their OMNI tech. Not only can you customize each device from your phone, but the end user can tap the device with their phone and it will pull up your site, COA, battery life, oil level, etc. Blew me away.

And no, we don’t sell iKrushers. I was just really impressed by this.

6 Likes

yeeeeah those things are sick. I really liked that too. Definitely stood out among other vapes.
I’ve got like 20 different disposables to try out now lol so I’m not sure which one I like best yet… but I did love the OMNI shit iKrusher has going on.

2 Likes

this whole “let’s sell THCa as hemp” thing can’t last forever though, can it??

I understand it comes from hemp… but we all know what we’re doing here lol. it’s a huge legal loophole. You probably know more about legality of hemp than I do… is there no indication that this loophole may be closed soon?

5 Likes

What company was this?

i was pretty impressed with the Mini Osprey from Low Temp, especially the pricing

5 Likes

Too little too late when it’s all over the place. Imo. If they’re not gonna do anything about d8thc they’re surely not gonna do anything about d9thca. Don’t get me started with Thcp lol

1 Like

How much?

2 Likes