What type of plastic do you like to smoke?

Check out my article about plastic in pre-rolled joints

4 Likes

:thinking: trick SEO question meets trick answer.

Send all your microplastic infected weed and hash here.

1 Like

.110 nylon trimmer line is pretty fire

8 Likes

Imagine how much gets put in solvent and dissolves :melting_face:

One with the hash :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

rosin bags are literally nylon being squeezed between silicone paper

8 Likes

Silicone really brings out those Rainbow Belts terps I hear

5 Likes

Why is everyone suddenly worrying about microplastics? Next people will be bitching about heavy metals from the stainless steel mills that are nanoscopically getting added to everything and definitely probably going to kill you.

Why not be worried about the glue in the preroll cone? Or the paper? Or the chemicals in the paper? Or OH FUCK burning anything and inhaling it into your body.

Perhaps only things that are 100% sterilized and also filtered should be allowed?

Wait waitā€¦ I know next we wonā€™t be allowed to use any nutrients to help the plants grow because they may also have contaminates and maybe we arenā€™t testing for those. Because you know, the plants a hyperaccumulator and god only knows what its accumulating that WE DONā€™T EVEN KNOW ABOUT YET.

We could just get rid of plastic altogether. And then what? No more surgery? A number of chemicals that are no compatible with glass or metals are now just not allowed to be created and stored because REASONS.

The amount of contaminates in almost all consumer products is HUGE. Not only is it HUGE - society has come together and said, its okay that its HUGE. Its okay to have fecal matter in my flour. Its okay to have maggot eggs in my tomato sauce. Its okay to have carbon monoxide come out of my car.

Are we trying to go back to a time before technology? No more polymers? Or only polymers that you feel really really good about?

Only particulates that are LARGE (not microscopic, not micro-plastic sized) would be detected by a metal detector. And then only those metals which are fucking magnetic.

Like damn man. The fuck you been smoking. Cause my micro plastics arenā€™t causing the kind of crazy delusions you seem to be spouting in your report. Who you working for? The Mill industry? Or are you really concerned that somehow the impurities, that are probably so insignificant to be less than what you breath in when you walk out your front door in the city, are going to fucking kill you and your unborn children? x.X

16 Likes

If this were the 60s, youā€™d be saying asbestos is probably harmless Iā€™m sure.

5 Likes

I have to agree. For as much as people complain about things like microplastics, I think itā€™s a bit absurd how ignorant everyone seems to be about what is actually allowed in food production. Now, Iā€™m not saying eating bugs or rodent hairs will kill you but at the same time insects and rodents are all potential carriers of disease, just like microplastics that may be toxic to our bodies as well.

In fact, if one starts reading up on the various food manufacturing standards, they very specifically call out how many bugs, or foreign objects, etcā€¦ are allowed to be present in X units of food products. This is all published for anyone to see. Just pulling one right from the top of the list:

Apple Butter

Mold
(AOAC 975.51)

Average of mold count is 12% or more

Rodent filth
(AOAC 945.76)

Average of 4 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams of apple butter

Insects
(AOAC 945.76)

Average of 5 or more whole or equivalent insects (not counting mites, aphids, thrips, or scale insects) per 100 grams of apple butter

So these are the action level limitsā€¦that seems like quite a bit of contamination that could be present in a single batch of product.

This doesnā€™t take away the fact that, sure, there are probably harmful microplastics in our food and beverages, but there are also a ton of other potentially harmful contaminants also present in our food and beverages as well.

5 Likes

You funny. :smiley:

I thought 100% that my sarcasm would come through with all my colorful language.

But really. The contaminates in just about everything else are so intense, not really sure why we are worried about this very small amount of contamination. There are more microplastics in the water we use to CLEAN THINGS including all the stainless steel millsā€¦ you know what Iā€™m saying?

Like either its a real issue and we should 100% stop with all plastics now, cause the fuck they are destroying the whole planet and our bodies along with itā€¦ or its not a real issue and creating more ā€œconcernā€ is just sensationalizing some bullshit for MARKETING.

Like all those companies trying to sell you toothpaste that doesnā€™t have ā€œplasticā€ in it. Or those companies trying to sell laundry detergent that isnā€™t in a plastic bottle or in a ā€œpodā€.

Do we all agree that these things are super terrible and we should stop manufacturing them now and come up with technology to remove them from our environment? Cause I donā€™t see anyone talking about that. What I saw was someone say - this product is not good because REASONS. And this other product is good because it doesnā€™t have those problem reasons.

Without any actual consideration on additional contaminates. Ability to monitor/control for them. Or relative safety.

Iā€™ve seen insane heavy metals using some mills (many actually) that would cause lots of failures, if people were testing post-grinding (most states test beforeā€¦).

Iā€™ve seen so many issues with papers and glue. And now people are doing crazy shit like dosing things with more chemicals (terps, and other flavor agents). So are we really talking about contaminate concern? Or are we just trying to win over a market by sensationalizing a concern?

Iā€™m not really sure. On the one hand - I no longer use plastic straws because turtles! On the other hand - the sheer amount of contaminates in basically everything makes singling out one process, piece of equipment, or product seem really fucking silly.

But maybe Iā€™m just hormonal. Or maybe I just hate the universe today cause my wife just had chemo and you better believe the fucking toxicity of that shit that is saving her life is enough to kill like all the fish in my local pondā€¦but I still watched them pump it into her body two days agoā€¦

But I digress. :wink:

12 Likes

I 100% got what you were saying and agree for the most part, but there will still always stuff like asbestos that is widely used and accepted as ā€œsafeā€ that turns out to be quite deadly when no respiratory mitigation is considered for workers who interact with it on a daily basis (brake repair guys, people working in mechanical rooms with asbestos insulation / gaskets near steam etc)ā€¦ humans are stupid and greedy. Nothing wrong with pointing out that weā€™d prefer to have as little (in lieu of none) contaminant in our already unhealthy hobby.

5 Likes

7jp4hi

4 Likes

How many of those plastic things are you lighting on fire and inhaling?

1 Like

Iā€™ll see your micro plastics, and raise you; Let them eat PET!

2 Likes

@Cassin I worte the article. That was a masterful rant. Sorry to hear about your wife. No I do not work for the ā€˜mill industryā€™, just a regular lab rat, check my about page. I thought I would just bring it up for awareness. My goal for this article is pre-roll sellers see this and improve their process.

3 Likes

@Cassin, I really hate to hear that you and yourā€™s are going through it. I just wanted to say that I have ALWAYS loved reading your posts/rants/wisdom. I always appreciate your contributions, and I hope for the best possible outcome for your situation. If there is anything that I or anyone else can do, please let us know! Loves, hugs, and shrugs inbound! :heart:

11 Likes

Rosin = Spider dicks.

The end.

5 Likes

I used to get spice with glitter in it. I also used a soda can as a child to smoke weed, because I didnā€™t think about the liner.

Hahah for sure. I think our policy should be to cut down on any exposure possible when convenient. But if itā€™s inconvenient we shouldnā€™t worry about it cuz the stress will prolly cause more harm than the contaminant. Plusā€¦ whoā€™s gonna give up the modern world. That would be a good plan if everyone did it, but for a country to do it would be just asking to be invaded lol.

Is that you Jaime?