What type of Insoles or Shoes do you wear?

Working on cement floors have been killing my knees the last couple years. Been trying dif insoles and shoes but can’t seem to find one that lasts. (Also floor mats SUCK, they’re a terrible trip hazard and they mess with casters).
What kind of shoes, insoles, or floor mats do you use?
Do you sit while you work? How’s your knees and lower back?

4 Likes

I wear Clarks. They make everything from non-slip beater shoes suitable in a lab (or restaurant) to dress shoes with heavy soles you can walk in all day.

I have more stress on my lower back from throwing kegs than from being on my feet all day.

3 Likes

Lab Crocs for life.

(I kinda hate them though.)

11 Likes

18 Likes

Timberland pro boots. I am on my feet all day in a shop. Went through a few brands and these won me over. Quality socks are almost as important as the quality footwear.

6 Likes

These take me back to the early 2000s…

3 Likes

I wear Jordan’s in the lab because it’s been scientifically proven to increase yields.

REI has those superfeet insoles that are bomb

23 Likes

Puma whatever magic soft stuff they have

1 Like

19 Likes

These, crocs or Filson uplanders

4 Likes

Fila…really comfortable. Concrete floors, 60 year old feet.

7 Likes

Clarks, Tom’s, Ecco, sperry and red wing have all been great in commercial settings.

1 Like

Got tired of ruining shoes with solvent and picked up a pair of work boots

4 Likes

Vans for like the last almost 30 years. When it snows I’ve got Bates Paratrooper boots. Super warm. The lady uses the gel insoles from Dr.Scholls because she works as an idiot wrangler and is on her feet all day long - BE SURE TO ONLY GET THE DR.SCHOLLS KIND, THE OTHERS ARE GARBAGE

1 Like

I have had back issues a lot of my life, I guess come to find out I’m flat footed so I got custom orthopedic insoles, I think they were about 200$ but I’ve been in much shape ever since I got some.

1 Like

Birks
There is no substitute

4 Likes

those my friend look like good ole pair bedroom slippers

Just some vans.

I have the slippers in my truck tho…just in case.

5 Likes

ASICS all the way. Best shoe to run in by far. Also, if you buy two pairs and alternate, your shoes last way longer and offer more support!

2 Likes

Vivobarefoot for life!

1 Like