What to do with kief

I work at a licensed MIP in Missouri, and we have a large quantity of kief being collected in the bud sorter in our grow. I was hoping for some ideas on what we could/should do with this kief. Is it worth it to press? If we do press it will the color still look right? Should we make hash balls or turn it into bubble hash? Or should we just pack it into kief bricks. We have the resources to do any of these things, just wondering if anyone has some suggestions.

2 Likes

Get some static tech going and collect all of the heads.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of static tek. What does that involve doing?

If you press it, it’s probably gonna be dark.

5 Likes

That was what I was thinking. It’s from dried and cured material so I figured. Do you think making some temple hash balls would be ab better route?

2 Likes

In the most basic form is an old DVD case wrapped in parchment and by pulling and pushing the pile you create static that causes the trich heads to jump and collect on the parchment. It’s a means of Refining the kief. From there you should be able to press some quality stuff if you so choose.

3 Likes

Moon rocks seems to be the go-to around me. Temple balls aren’t a bad idea if you can successfully market them. Getting a press that isn’t dark with cured material is challenging

5 Likes

I’ve run heaps of cured material and you can still achieve excellent color if you avoid contamination from plant material and if it is somewhat stored in ideal conditions to prevent oxidizing and further dessication of the good volatiles. If a little time is spent Refining your kief you will be better off with the higher valued pressed product versus some mids quality stuff.

Kind of a reply to the Doc and to 710nickademus

2 Likes

Show me something that looks even remotely like @SubstituteCreature’s work from cured material sir….

3 Likes

16 Likes

And if I’m not mistaken most of his stuff is from FF

1 Like

Currently in the same situation from the kief we gather from socking. We were thinking about pressing it as well but don’t know if its worth it. Definitely going to look into means of refining the kief if we decide to press. I also wonder what the turn around for making bubble hash is using kief, something we want to do in the future but haven’t had the time or room for equipment yet…but I have heard pressing bubble is more primo of a product.

2 Likes

Imma need to pull out my bubble bags and stop being lazy with the tumbler lol. Nice work!

3 Likes

Thank you sir.

I think it all is

1 Like

This is FF from Concord Grapes

3 Likes

If you run the kief via bubble/washing you ll lose some of those water soluble terps so if you took the time to static collect heads you’d be better off or at least have a nicer final product. It is a lil pain but worth it.

2 Likes

Sounds time consuming but we definitely have the people and time. Do you happen to have a video showing the process? Trying to imagine it but I don’t really see the kief sticking to the parchment.

1 Like

Sift is great but my gripe is that you have to spin it so early after curing or else you get the little plant crumbles making their way no matter what into the mix so since I’m lazy as fuck I just figured FF was the way to go, haha. Plus I notice there’s big ol fatso terp puddles in there compared to the sift - I feel like you lose a lot of volatiles not washing it from FF which is the reason why I’ve kept going in that direction, a very good example of that is if you let one of the FF jars cure for an insane long time (like pretty much forget about it) and then see the crazy bubbling and offgassing that goes on! Fucking nuts!

3 Likes

If you youtube “trichome static tech/tek” you ll get a few iterations of it.

1 Like