What to do with kief

just typing “trichome static” into the search bar…

2 Likes

Press it into rosin then decarb the rosin and make solventless edibles/tinctures. Doesn’t matter if it’s dark then but I’d use a pretty small micro bag since it’s “dirty kief” or rekief it through a smaller micron bubble bag then press that

Or add it into bho runs

13 Likes

THIS.

Do this if you want to bank the fuck out.

4 Likes

food grade rosin

1 Like

Have you tested it already? Seen kief fail for metals quite a bit. May have been from the nutrient line that the cultivators were using but I’d make sure it doesn’t need to be remediated first.

2 Likes

Rosin gummies fetch I nice pricetag

3 Likes

Kief gives brownies a nice minty taste.

1 Like

I’d static tek then market it for whatever gives you back the most beneficial return. Weather it be bubble hash, moon rocks or pre-rolles with kief. Whatever is in the highest demand or mix it up and do a little bit of each.

1 Like

Alright I’ll mention it then…

Press out kief into kief rosin

Press again to isolate thca.

Run “Terp fraction” threw spd to clean up and pull volatiles.

Decarb thca, mix in terps, make solventless carts.

Yes the color is fine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

that cart looks great, but the heat on an SPD doesn’t ruin those nice Terps?? any Terps I’ve ever pulled in a distillation smelled like death… we all know the smell.
but I’ve also never ran straight rosin Terps thru an Spd just to clean them up, so this is interesting.

2 Likes

Na as long as you keep those temps nice and low it’s just fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely would ruin the terps. I’ve never got useable terps from spd

1 Like

Do you run at temps around 75-85°?

For terps?

Just for terps. How some people are fractioning and refining them on SPD.

I’ve always enjoyed running kief in closed loop bho. Typically crashed out into diamonds. Crash times were generally quicker with vastly increased yields compared to regular biomass.

1 Like

I mean I’ve ran many spd runs and never got terps at that low of temps but it was etoh crude or decarbed bho crude

Wouldn’t the really small amount of low bp terps all burn off when you press the rosin

Same. You get through all the biomass faster Too

You have to load the spd with sauce

4 Likes

I haven’t tried it… I agree that the temp from pressing would throw off the grade of terps. @Ak_keith maybe you can throw some knowledge on how they come out after the SPD refining.

1 Like