What to do with a hermaphrodite?

It seems I have some kind of mutant, this one now growing both pistols and pollen sacs at about 30 days, under 18 hours of light:

• Is this danger to my other healthy females that have not flipped yet?
  • Is the pollen/seeds created by this plant bad because it will have a tenancy to be a hermaphrodite?
  • Is there anything that can be done other than kill the plant (collect pollen, make seeds, etc)?

Kill it with fire!!! To say the least if that plant drops pollen and you do not control the collection that stuff can be in your grow room, house, building for a very long time and ruin your future grows. If the stuff makes it outside you jeopardize others grow. Thirty days in means not much time or resources were wasted. Seeds would be nice and all but the genetics are obviously unstable and have no promising future. Its best to replace this plant space with something that might be promising. Maybe move a couple plants over in the place and spread the light out more to those plants.

7 Likes

Burn that he-she asap!!!

What breeder/genetics? I ran a test batch fromma certa8n breeder 6mo ago and had 6 of 10 toss balls in veg.

What you have there is inferior breeding practices and or grower error. I’m leaning twords the breeder on this one.

6 Likes

Thanks for the valueable input, I’ve successfully killed it with fire.

13 Likes

lol! Burn it down!!!

2 Likes

I would spray down with water, then carefully cut, and bag. This is my go to sop when I spot nanners in flower. The last thing you want is a yellow nanner opening up and douching your entire room.

Balls like that are not to far along to cause any pollen issues.

If you dont mind, please post the breeder (pollen chucker) and strain. Unless this was a “tester” pack, then that’s kinda expected.

1 Like

You’re correct, this was a tester, have popped LOTS of seeds and no problem. This one I tested some seedling growth by applying mycorrhizae in direct contact with the root. I wouldn’t pass blame to any breeder, I like experimenting with seedlings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Myco wouldnt have any impact on a seed. That’s breeder/chucker error.

I go thru 50# mycos every 10 weeks

2 Likes

Good to know that myco, even directly touching the root, won’t hurt it. I have 5 CBG strains. I guess I expect some of these new CBGs to be not 100% stable. Also somewhat of a trade secret which ones are best I guess! I will share lab results and my experience with various CBG strains/breeders once I complete a growth cycle.

If you bought these seeds off this forum I imagine others did too. Before someone plants 10,000 of these in the ground it might be decent to give some warning. Especially if the strain was claimed stable.

2 Likes

A lot of stuff herms at the end of flower and people just let it ride at risk of seed pods but this early on, put it out of its misery.

Edit: yeah probably unstable genetics from a seed bro that is just pumping out new strains without testing them for stability. Some breeders openly send out testers to their regular customers and warn them that they may herm which is fine but this is mainly to help the breeder dial in the genetics. You shouldn’t be having issues this early unless you’re abusing your plant lol

Edit 2: didn’t know we were talking hemp genetics. Yeah that raises a bunch of different problems lol. While we’re on the topic I found a bag seed of The White CBG the other day. For the amount I went through I was surprised i only found a single one

1 Like

I’ve bought CBG seeds 5 places:

• Locally
  • From this forum
  • Searching google
  • Emailing people
  • Another forum/website

Due to MOQs, rarity of the seed, this is not always easy nor cheap. I don’t know anyone except OregonCBD who will ‘guarantee’ their CBG seed, and their seeds aren’t shipping until April…
“we will be holding all orders until March 30, 2020”

So I hope to either find or breed a nice stable CBG seed, but this pursuit has been costly enough that I can’t open source my work as of now.

I don’t think it would be wise to purchase 10,000 CBG seeds this year and plant them in a field.

Your work is appreciated and no one in there right mind would expect you to fully expose your hard work. You showing the unstable CBG genetics are out there is great warning for people wondering about the random person posting seeds for sale. I am sorry for your recent encounter with RU-Paul and hopefully that he-bitch never shows that two face again. Auto did not flag the word he-bitch. Must be the right terminology.

If that plant is only 30 days old and under 18 hours of light, u gotta be growing autoflowers, correct?
Ivw never seen hermies whip out their dicks like that in veg unless they are old (more than 3 months), maybe one or two but not the whole show like urs is doing

2 Likes

In my humble opinion you should kill it. It looks male to me. If it is a hermy than the seeds it produces will have a “greater” tendency to morph themselves. The danger is that the pollen can pollenate your other mothers.

If the humidity is low you should wet the plant before cutting it down. I understand that water Neutralizes pollen.

1 Like

I have a great source out of California. In fact, it really should be down there now instead of here in the lab!! I miss those bitches :crazy_face:… Sea of green!!

My son and I worked a couple fields 2019 helping identify and cull males/herms. They just wanted us to cut and leave lay! Told them we needed to use the exact SOP… Needled to say there are seeds in the Purple Abacus

1 Like

Am I wrong with identifying Pistols and Pollen sacs? Are not Pistols indicative of female?

That’s a hermie, bad genetics.

3 Likes

You are correct. Pistols are from female, pollen sacs from male. When you combine them both you get Bruce Jenner.

3 Likes