What tech is used for the cleanest terps with the lowest viscosity? What is the pinnacle at the moment?

BHO CRC? Steam? Whats the horizons of the terp tech? I assume cold tech keeps terps intact, but on top of the cryo freeze upon harvest what processing of the plant is there that preserves those terps further?

2 Likes

fire rosin only like before it turns white 6* hash rosin
the very best rosin will TASTE better than the very best diamonds,bho,crc,or distillate imo

4 Likes

steam distillation.

microwave assisted steam distillation is badass as well, not sure if its implemented as a large scale solution yet though

5 Likes

How are people smashing fresh frozen? I’ve seen this mentioned before, but I’m confused on how it’s done.

Doesn’t the water content get in the way?

(not a rosin guy, but always interested nonetheless)

1 Like

@Curious_Roberto they do a water wash into bubble hash , freeez dry , and smash, the basics keep it simple lol
its funny I tell my rosin guy all the time I’ve made everything but bubble hash in my life lol, imo its not worth messing with if you don’t freeze dry and really get into it. a good rosin setup can easily be 10k+

6 Likes

Ahhhh, I see now. That makes much more sense.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

2 Likes

What do you mean with the lowest viscosity?

Gas phase extraction

5 Likes

Heated nitrogen at slowly increased temps to control the fact that the most volatile terps aren’t destroyed by heat.

4 Likes

I think he’s referring to removing the terps only and further refine them to water clear thin super potent

2 Likes

@StoneD oh yea I got tht after the fact lol
The truest and best cannibis Terps i have ever came across were free to the distiller, and are separated from super fire bho in an spd at super low temp and controlled vac. I dont know exactly how they do it i have tried multiple times and failed.
This tek can only be attempted with high terp sauce or realy good Tasteing bho material is what I understand, this was at hot convo topic at the last Michigan glg met up

An example of a company who dose this is lightskyfarms :muscle:here in michigan they win the Cannabis cup almost every year here for vape carts

Sumone else said just put a cold trap between the oven and pump purge Terps off bho into cold trap

I make alot of distillate if we could figure how to get those good Terps separated it would be awsome, I currently use diamonds sauce as Terps in the distillate carts to that works also.

9 Likes

There are a lot more compounds than terpenes that give flavor.
Working with extracts may not be the best approach.
I recently tried slow roasting some bud in a vacuum oven under light vacuum with an argon purge.
The argon purge went through a heptane filled scrubber before the cold trap and pump.
The usual technical difficulties didn’t give me a clean result but the heptane had a promising smell at the end.
When I try this again I will use a very short line between the oven and the scrubber.
I thin all the goodies ended up on the walls of the oven and tubing before the oven controller conked out.
China 1, DaKine 0

4 Likes

vis·cos·i·ty
noun

1. the state of being thick, sticky, and semifluid in consistency, due to internal friction.

“cooling the fluid raises its viscosity”

Low viscosity is water

High viscosity is cold syrup or distillate

Ah here is one I don’t know anything about. This interest me lol.

I have made some small batch from trilogy’s terps. I think some are crc and some aren’t. Bho diamond terps are about the best flavor and high I’ve found so far to blend with distillate. With the viscosity I have to up the percent ratio to the distillate, in turn diluting them, but as fire as the distillate is, it’s still pretty extreme. Everyone that hits my carts blows my ego up about them so I feel like I’m in the right ballpark. Just always trying to improve them.

2 Likes

This interest me as well.

Yeah no shit I know what viscosity means, that doesn’t answer the question. Do you mean in comparison to a thick HTFSE or something?

1 Like

He wants em thin so he doesn’t have to deal with waxes

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t3: Sorry looks as though you are asking. I don’t assume everyone’s knowledge on the matter and I was attempting to help someone whom I assumed was asking a legitimate question. To answer you elaboration, I mention crc bho terps. I also see murphy with the aqua tech. From visual observation I assume those are some killer terps. Need to see them in person though hopefully soon.

1 Like

Like this or less viscous

1 Like