What tech is used for the cleanest terps with the lowest viscosity? What is the pinnacle at the moment?

What do you mean “deal with waxes” exactly?

Waxes, lipids, cannabanoids. All the stuff that isn’t volatile. Im assuming you are carting this blend

4 Likes

Like these? https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/b/eb416521ac10da5d1e396b1763f3d5622f1c830b.MOV

3 Likes

How much are you losing when you remediate it that clear

1 Like

working on two new methods at the moment just waiting on some pieces to come in i’m getting made. But i don’t lose anything. only problem is for the good terps it is a small return so at a large scale not very practical. yet

6 Likes

J12 exactly like this.

It was an honest mistake.

alternatively you might have even been checking to make sure @Unanonymous wasn’t with the “I use viscosity booster to thin my oil” crowd.

1 Like

Co2 extraction, cold trap distill, hydrocarbon extraction,spd, Steam(probably the less desirable)

Seems if you know how to tickle these devices just right , they each can give you what you want

6 Likes

Anybody got an sop on how to distill Terps using nitrogen gas? I see an apparatus on lab society used for this purpose, they even say you can use nitro instead of a steam generator. They said I’m on my own if I run nitro though, they dont even provide basic instructions.

I’ve tried cannabis Terps produced with this method and they are amazing. The only problem is they cost $70 a ml. If I could pull these off material before ethanol extraction and distillation Id be a happy man. My custys will pay for the super premium pod style carts i.e pax pods. But they really need real cannabis Terps in them considering they retail for like $40-50 for a HALF gram.

Terpene-Distillation-Kit-Brochure.pdf (720.2 KB)

1 Like

I recently ran across two new water as solvemt plants capable of processing 10,000 lbs of hemp trim per day. I wonder if microwaves were key. I don’t suspect they would just rely on steam on such a large scale.

Hit me up. It’s easy I’ll walk you through it. I even sell a inert gas sweep device for this kind of shit.

I pioneered the sweep system.

Spd7 is currently the best terpene distillation system on market if you are going from a condensed liquid.

4 Likes

We get pretty clean smelling terps from the terp fraction of a thin-wiped film distillation run. They are pretty low viscosity as well, though not water clear, but we don’t do any CRC. This is only true when we run with winterized and dewaxed BHO. Also, we generally achieve a vacuum of under 100 microns when running the TWF. EtOH distillations don’t produce nice terps during distillation in our experience, making a much thicker and cloudy fraction.

1 Like

We have a customer in Colombia doing some very interesting things with LN2. We would be happy to put you in touch direct. See DM.

3 Likes

i heard wipe filmed was top grade for this as well. I also know a wiped film system is about 10X the cost of an spd :joy:. However the quality jump has to be worth it. Especially if candescent in Modesto is running the wiped film. What is the difference other than the equipment? Is it higher vacuum pressure? Lower temps?

Higher vac, lower temps, and less time the material is exposed to high heat. Still, probably not gonna be able to capture ‘live’ terps if distilling BHO from fresh frozen, just because of the high heats. Those will still probably be too light and go through the vacuum, though I’m sure with some smart cold trap setups it could be possible.

I’m not exactly sure why material that came from ethanol extractions produce shittier terps than ones from butane/propane extractions. I’ve heard something about ethanol forming azeotropes (or something like an azeotrope) with terps which might start to explain it. However, our BHO that is used for distillate is dissolved in ethanol for winterization/filtering, and those terps come out fire. Anyone got any good explanations for that?

1 Like

what makes the distillation head so good at terpene distillation?

I’m currently running trials on terpenes purification. I’d buy a new piece of glass if it would help me distill better.

2 Likes

Do you know where to find empty Pax Era pods? I’m at my wit’s end.

See dm

1 Like

You can get a wiper for less than the price of some of the short paths I’ve seen people pushing.

1 Like

to extract terpenes or cannabinoids?

I wonder if its ultrasonic cavitation tech? potentially under extreme pressure, always been curious as to if these rumors and advertisements of large scale water extractors where legit and substantiated.

check out the link in this thread; Pharmaceutical throughput water extractor