What Seemingly Innocuous Thing Makes You Look Like a Complete Arsehole?

So my wife says I’m pretty positive a majority of the time. I’d agree with that because I want everyone to do better for themselves. There are all things that set us all off. What’s the thing that really eats at your soul and makes you behave against what you have been taught against human nature?

Here’s mine:

1: I set a price. It is based on value, quality, supply and demand. I do not expect to have my time wasted by low ballers, because I have done this for a long time. As a salesman, if you play hard ball that is a hard stop. The last 25 years have been kind to me and you’re not going to change how I do business that benefits all parties involved.

2: I play Medieval Madness and South Park pinball for fun. When I am thinking about business strategies, I play Black Knight 2000. It’s challenging, infuriating, and satisfying all at the same time, just like business ventures. You can interrupt me at leisure time. If you hear “GIVE ME YOUR MONEY” in a baritone voice from a pinball machine, Mr. AgTonik is making money moves.

How about you?

8 Likes

#1 thing I’m hating right now are inefficient systems, could be software, quality systems, business models… Just anything that was designed by a human that is not working as efficiently as it could be. And +100 hate points if they designed it in a way where it cannot be changed, or it is easier to just burn the whole fn thing and start over than fix it. And I’m a surly asshole when I have to work with one of them and definitely vocal about pointing out All the flaws.

On the flip side, I love a well designed system. Intuitive, easy to update, nice lines and curves, not too much flash for flashness sake but enough to make you think it’s not like win98 or whatever.

8 Likes

Sir, Debian 1998 introducing apt and Windows 98 funded my retirement.

As a consultant streamlining processes could you make you an SME and up your billable rate by X dollars. Embrace weakness for your advantage.

1 Like

PGR bud with a healthy dose of cadmium peddled to unsuspecting customers.

8 Likes

Yo, I heard that shit makes your teeth strong. Errrrr… Something.

3 Likes

I bring a bob ross doll to the poker tables. When asked about it I say “Hes painting a beautiful picture of me winning all your fucking money” image

21 Likes

That’s actually pretty funny.

2 Likes

they never get upset at the bob ross doll, except one dealer calls it voodoo. That table was wobbly so he didnt have his palette brush and easel out. Also me constantly showing my bluffs when I win over and over upsets some people but its innocuous.

Im gonna say it= when i post on future 4200. Im not that bad though. This is my outlet to go wild. Ive prolly calmed down on here now that i go wild at poker again. damn covid.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious, Thump.

4 Likes

@thumper

Well played sir

5 Likes

Nothing really pisses me off anymore. I’m 40 and have suffered immensely in my past.

Don’t get me wrong, people will be people, and I will always take action to correct problems or injustice, I just don’t waste any of my emotional time on anything but myself and my family. Even then it’s hard to get emotional, almost to a fault.

9 Likes

I look completely psychotic if I’m thinking hard about something. This usually results in people randomly apologizing for arbitrary stuff, which confused the hell out of me for awhile

8 Likes

omg I love this xD

1 Like

I focus on the ramp and only the ramp when I skate. I go through a lot of people a lot of times. People take it personally.

5 Likes

I am an asshole

10 Likes

Telling the honest truth. Most people say I am brutal, but honest. If you don’t want an honest answer, that might hurt (probably hurt) your feelings, reserve your question for a polite person or someone that is a yes man. I don’t have time to waste on feelings. I answer and move on and don’t think about the feelings that might have been hurt.

3 Likes

Everyone says they don’t like assholes, but they seem more than happy to use one when they gotta take a shit.

2 Likes

need that hat bro… did you have it made or wha?? haha i also have a small bob ross figure. i need to take him gambling. didnt know he was a fan

Let’s face it. Assholes are necessary. Assholes get shit done.

5 Likes