What qualities make RSO "good"

Is RSO even a useful term?
It’s basically slang for bucket tech crude with no information about what they extracted it with or managed quality.

Quality RSO is quality crude (accepting it’s bucket tech). Will vary according to method but many RSO SOPs use dangerous solvents or long extraction or heating time which reduce quality.

5 Likes

best results I’ve found for treating people with rso came from doing short soaks on a bunch of different strains of biomass. Soak it like the bucket tek but at room temp then winterize at room temp and evap the ethanol low temp deep vacuum to retain terps then decarb at a low temp in a sealed container for a long time i do 205 degrees for like 6-8 hours. I’ve had rso come back over 70% cannabinoids with pretty much every cannabinoid my lab tests for and over 9% terps. sometimes i add like 3-5% cbd or cbg if it didn’t have any.

we’ve cured 3 people of cancer and 2 more have shrinking tumors so far from this tek. i wish more people sold rso instead of distilling it! it’s amazing medicine until you destroy those terps. if anyone needs help making rso I’ll teach you for free. i wish everyone knew how to make it

30 Likes

9 Likes

Shove a minimal of 7 to 9 grams in a Mason jar, pour ever clear over it, shake like mother fucker for 4mins, pour over a coffee filter in a funnel (or a 3" diameter funnel with a 3" 150 micron gasket filter aligned evenly in it), filter into second jar, distill/evaporate in a cool ventilated area on a Pyrex dish, scrape it into goop decarb it, cool it down scrape it up again and eat it.

It’s akin to cleaning a rig with everclear and letting it evaporate then scraping the goop and dabbing it only with rso you eat it.

… You can use bucket tek cold but the room temp washes for me as well work better than the cold washed for some reason.

5 Likes

hell yea that’s a very quick simple tek. room temp works better ime too

depending on the application. CBGA might make an extreme difference. Flavonoids “pigments” might make a difference as well

2 Likes

Qwet > coffee filter into second jar > rice cooker. Was the old ghetto standard for rso before a lot of people realized how cheap glass evaporator/distillation stills were. Then the source turbo came out after the re-popularization of the rotovap. So now newbs and the non mechanically inclined can make their own rso and eho.

Still fucking crazy tho.

IMO if you’re gonna get a turbo just read into the world of making dabs here at the amazing world of future4200.com and then make your own using the Chinese stills

2 Likes

You can’t winterize at room temp bub. You probably get a hot crash of dissolved solids at 205, assuming F, which loses some medical properties.

I mean I see all kinds of junk crash out at room temp in iso, methanol and ethanol.

I usually am dissolving bho…

2 Likes

flavonoids and other compounds we don’t test for like that definitely make a difference it’s just hard to tell how. decarbed rosin is even better than RSO but most people dont want to pay the extra $$

@GroovyOctopusLabs yea that’s the original method rick simpson posted videos about, still the easiest for sure and very effective.

@CannabinoidChemist if you want to be technical about it yea it’s not actually winterization it’s just vacuum filtration but the object is not to filter out as much waxes as possible. there usually is some shit that gets burnt on the inside of the jar but it’s really not a big deal. just reclaim the jars when you save up a few and filter the crap out

1 Like

Is there any data to back that up? Jw.

2 Likes

just personal experience bro i don’t have any research to site. give it a try! you’ll see what i mean, shit is potent af and an amazing pain killer if it was made from a indica strain. My guess is that etoh can’t extract every compound thats in rosin i just don’t know what

5 Likes

yea bho definitely has waxes at room temp when you dissolve in etoh and so does rso unless you did a cold initial extraction

eatt it faster

on topic, I dont think rick simpson was picky/ its ethanol oil extract from the whole plant. Thats what makes it good.

4 Likes

Edit: What is the difference between FECO and RSO? • Cannabis Nation Dispensaries

RSO is naphtha
Feco is heptane, co2 or etoh

Originally rso was naphtha

By now though no one in their right mind would use naphtha for edible cannabis oil which is why a lot of dispensaries market etoh or c02 made FECO as RSO because of the non-volatility

3 Likes

Any one experimenting with making RSO FECO using fresh frozen cannabis with room temp ethanol???

All statements are referring to sublingual or topical application not for vaping or smoking, medical RSO FECO only.

The winterized or subzero extracted oil seem much less medically effective from first person experience and other antidotal statements that are often circulating around. The explanation for the superior medical benefits of the unrefined oil is attributed to lipids fats flavonoids and chlorophyl.
because these other compounds are regarded as having medical value I would like to extract at room temp.

“Fresh Frozen room temp ETO”

I understand that it will take much more ethanol to wash the fresh frozen flowers as opposed to using dry cannabis due to the fact that when cannabis is wet the volume is at least 4 or 8 times as large. Another major obstacle is that the ethanol will become diluted with water much faster from the fresh frozen material. The extra water retention will also slow down my room temp fan evaporation. was considering using a vacuum chamber with no heat or possibly a Rotovap.

In the past I have used about half wet and half dry. Thinking of Processing some separately and taking it to a lab to get some actual data on terpene content difference between the two. logic tells me that fresh frozen batch should have significantly more terpenes. the question is all the extra effort worth the reward. It is utterly amazing the lack of data that is available on the medical oil side of cannabis compared to the rapid development of the recreational marijuana concentrate market.

All other concentrates are regarded as higher quality when using fresh frozen marijuana seems logical that this would apply to RSO.

finally I also evaporate ethanol using no heat, simple open container and fan. however this is becoming trouble some with larger batches becoming a fire hazard occupying a room for a month or possibly longer.

I think there are many improvements that can be made to the much neglected low tech medical oils.

room temp EtOH extraction using fresh frozen for RSO ???

strong textve purchase the fancy winterized or subzero extracted RSO FECO from the dispensaries and it seems inferior to the non winterized version.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Summary

This text will be hidden

winterized is definitely inferior according to our customers. i never winterize. if it needs winterization because its too high waxes/lipids it just goes to dist

2 Likes

I think the same thing but I’m met with a lot of resistance on f42k :man_shrugging:

I’ve had over 9% terps in my rso before, definitely depends on how you decarb but I’m actually going to try undecarbed rso for cancer because some people in other threads recommend it. you’ll definitely keep way more terps if you don’t decarb

3 Likes