What qualifies somebody as a Psychedelic/mushroom expert/leader?

You can leave it as the crappy toned comment you originally left :joy: Iā€™m dyslexic and wrote this first thing in the morning while sitting on the toilet I have no shame in my own limitations of life but thanks for pointing that out Iā€™ll proofread my comments twice from now on :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Double post (delete)

Dido on this was the same at cannadelic, found some good minds that were there to test the waters

3 Likes

Did you get a chance to speak with any of the doctors who had booths setup downstairs? There was some very interesting people walking around.

The discussions upstairs left a lot to be desired for sure

4 Likes

Yes! The ketamine therapy is really, really interesting. Consider mental health treatment over the last 100 years. What if this class of medicines can actually help people in ways we havenā€™t achieved? Iā€™m actually crying right now. Iā€™m hopeful.

3 Likes

Ok in all seriousness: this is technically the threads correct answer.

https://graduate.lclark.edu/programs/continuing_education/psilocybin/program/faq/

I liked their faq over the link to the proposed rules. Expect final rulings this fall through Jan 2023.

You basically need an associates in mental health and another set of courses (100 hours but may change). 100 raw hours not credit hours I bet. Otherwise itā€™s be two years additional schooling.

it was okay, only went yesterday, not going again today so I can only speak so much.

nice little venue. maybe 10 booths that varied from cultivation supplies to mushrooms products.

Oaklandhyphae seems to have a program that uses your phone camera to calculate the pixel density and position of a spot on a developed TLC plate to give you a chromatogram with a quantitative readout.

lots of grain/substrate providers

Doma was there with his strain fusion kits

extraction panel danced around the topic like usual, no meat n potatoes.

11 Likes

you should come off that ledge, Dunning-Kruger

11 Likes

Brazil. Legal to grow, possess, and sell shrooms.
Where I lived in Costa Rica, the coos came to my house once after seeing me pedaling home with a hefty bag over my shoulder. They wanted to know why I stole all those turtle eggs from the beach. ā€œMuy seriosoā€ they said. Hahaā€¦no person has been arrested in Costa Rica for mushrooms

5 Likes

Sorry @vortal I was being sour. Iā€™ve not been able to produce a stable, no scented extract that ticks the boxes as well as lab folk have figured out.

Oregon is putting off extracts for a year or threeā€¦they really like the idea of a homogeneous batch made into products with known quantities.

Weā€™re all a bit early and eager here. But without extracts you donā€™t get (potent) gummies.

Canadian fresh fruiting body ice water extraction need not apply lol

1 Like

elaborate? I thought you just needed tomentose and rhizomorphic mycelium from different parents?

1 Like

Depends what context. If you want to qualify people are we talking about clinical psychologist, pharmacists, pharmaceutical chemists/pharmacologists, chemists, bio-chemists, spiritual leaders. Itā€™s clear that people of all kinds whether they are classical trained or self taught have a background before getting into this space so the real question is what is that background.

4 Likes

Back in Miami when I was 15 my lung collapsed ā€œabout 80%, crushed like a soda canā€ they said. They had to put a tube in my chest and told me they were going to administer ā€œspecial-kā€ they mustā€™ve known I was troublesome, hahaha, but either way they put me into a k-hole to keep me awake but sedated in a dissociative state in order to operate. Iā€™m certain thatā€™s general practice for ketamine in hospitals, but your mention of ketamine therapy just reminded me of that moment. (They had to k-hole me multiple times too, days apart from each other, because they put in the wrong tube size?)

Should note I was well into psychedelics at this point in my life too, but Iā€™m still no master now. And I completely lack any social skills so Iā€™m not at any conventions ever, as interesting and insightful as they could be :// (To stay slightly on topic lmao)

1 Like

Iā€™m a little foggy on it, but I think it has to do with plasmid extraction and insertion. maybe recombinant DNA.

itā€™s a kit that comes with two liquid cultures and some buffer solutions

3 Likes

I know this isnā€™t legal or part of any upcoming legal frameworkā€¦but if we could get a trip sitter for hospice or on call with the pastorā€¦

Whole different kind of therapist. One in a million. Iā€™d pay to put one on retainer for any amount of money. Weird tangent, but worth mentioning.

Ps. Listen to some intense pipe organ music on a decent dose and tell me you arenā€™t ready to meet a maker of whatever sort.

3 Likes

Pretty much how Aldous Huxley went out.

ā€œOn his deathbed, unable to speak owing to advanced laryngeal cancer, Huxley made a written request to his wife Laura for ā€œLSD, 100Āµg, intramuscular.ā€ According to her account of his death in This Timeless Moment , she obliged with an injection at 11:20 a.m. and a second dose an hour later; Huxley died aged 69, at 5:20 p.m. (Los Angeles time), on 22 November 1963.ā€

1 Like

I honestly hate this. I think it should be like the written driverā€™s license test

somewhere between 36 to 50 questions subjects ranging in basic pharmacology to harm reduction to crisis management

Miss more than five, you fail the test and have to take it again

4 Likes

I feel like the desire to be an expert on a panel requires a certain amount of ego, while most people who I genuinely consider psychedelic ā€œexpertsā€ have worked very hard to dissolve their ego.

Iā€™m not surprised that the further we delve into trying to bring psychedelics into the mainstream, the more it seems out-of-place in the current culture of conferences and whatnot.

16 Likes

Beware of your local shaman

12 Likes

only trust local shamans if they arenā€™t even from here

3 Likes