What is your max roto temp for collection?

I’m currently recovering quite a bit of solvent with my roto right now, I’ve pushed the tmep up this time to increase evaporation as I have a fairly poor pump. Start to condense at 40-44 c. I’ve ramped it to 70c and just been feeding it in keeping everything in the roto so far. Could an long exposure to 70c in any shape or form degrade THC over the course of a 10-14 hours? I havent emptied my BF yet and would hate to create a bunch of cbn.

Edit: my end game is disty so I’m not worried about decarb.

1 Like

I was also worried about the same thing and changed my bath temp to 55.

There isnt really a max. If your using water thats the limiting factor. As long as your condensor can handle the thermal load you can go pretty hot.

2 Likes

You’re likely to have a decarbed product going 70°c all the way thru. That’s not why I posted the boiling point picture though, I posted the boiling point picture to show you the temperature at which ethanol boils under a vacuum so that you know what temperature to evaporate just the ethanol off. My solid advice is to get a better pump and keep up with the cooling along the way.

I’ve put in golden winterized mixtures and gotten dark orange shit that would be better for eating cause I used to take my RotoVap to 70°c. I learned that lesson last year.

1 Like

Dont worry about it then, no degradation unless u start going over 100C or dont have it under vacuum.

My crude destined for disty gets rotod at 70C, crude destined for crystalization is done at 30-36C

2 Likes