What is this happening during my warm bath BHO open blast

Hi all

Just wondering what is going on here

Shake and trim was open blasted onto Pyrex

Pyrex was placed on top of another smaller Pyrex with hot/ warm water in it to speed up Evap

Usually this white stuff I see floating on top while the butane evaporates

This time more quantity was extracted so more white stuff within the bho and on top like a big worm

So the steam from the hot / warm water was heating up the Pyrex on top

Lots of frosting happend on the outside of the Pyrex

Usually I let it sit on a warm towel but it sticks on

Not using a griddle atm

Plan on getting cls so won’t have this evap issue much longer

I have seen on the diamonds and sugar posts that this blooming / crashing out thing happens when bho + excess solvent under pressure gets placed in the freezer

Is it the same thing here? I always thought it’s the fats/ waxes precipitating out of solution because of the temp change

It’s weird with warmth you expect the opposite to happen? Is the frosting on the outside of the Pyrex causing maybe temp to drop suddenly as the warm water below gets cold and less effective? Coupled with the frosting?

Idk

2 Likes

I see the problem here, there’s pepper all over your Mac n cheese noodles.

16 Likes

*Spaghetti and cheese

3 Likes

I was thinking it looked like conchiglie noodles :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the extraction gods telling you that open blasting is dangerous. They are adding rat feces to your extracts to deter you from anymore open blasting

12 Likes

Definitely a dozen eggs scrambling on a dirty flat top

5 Likes

Definitely too much pepper if you ask me…

3 Likes

Throw that away

2 Likes

Water?

3 Likes

Bad batch of Butane possible mystery oil…
What brand did you use?

1 Like

That’s what I’d guess, lots of water.

If you didn’t apply a lot of heat to get the butane to evaporate and your in the UK, that cold butane probably just condensed a half a fuck ton of water vapor.

3 Likes

All you guys saying pepper and shit that’s hilarious and believable

But it’s not zoom into this picture, it was months ago. When zoomed in you can see the structure it isn’t bits of pepper from lunch or ash from my spliff #champs

2 Likes

I know I was just giving u shit

1 Like

The Pyrex is clean below was a warm towel white and blue criss cross

I can’t imagine that’s anything but water vapor mixed up with an extract thats got a lot of waxes present.

I can see that the black specs are just from holes in the butane bubbles. When the amount of solvent is that low, it shouldn’t be quite that solid.

2 Likes

Lol #freetheweed

If that was ash from your spliff you wouldn’t be here likely lol

4 Likes

I don’t think a cherry from a stoge or a joint would be hot enough to actually ignite butane, although I wouldn’t want to find out.

2 Likes

I bought some trim for RnD runs. So far it’s all been yielding some of those mystery fats. I’ve been trying acidic medias, natural medias, and even no crc. However it still shows up on the pour out. Keep in mind I’m skipping dewax…pretty sure this is how those bad cloudy crc slabs are made. You might just need a good ol dewax and send it through the Büchner funnel

4 Likes

Looks like it’s just THC crashing, why do u think those are mystery waxes?

Shit looks real good.