What grade of Nitrogen for Nitrogen assist?

Hey everyone.

I’m not sure which grade of Nitrogen is the best to use for Nitrogen assisted extraction. Do you guys use ultra high purity, food grade, medical grade, industrial grade (I know the Nitrogen rated for Electronics and Semiconductors production has the highest purity of all, but is hard to find), or do you guys just use any that’s available?

Thanks. I really appreciate your input.

Food isn’t much more than industrial grade.

2 Likes

@Killa12345 So you think industrial is good enough?

Why not just pay the $30 more and get food grade??

3 Likes

@Killa12345 Thats what I thought as well. Or maybe medical grade? Or is that not as pure?

It’s my understanding that it is all basically the same but the difference is in the sanitary practices in refilling and handling the tank.

Check out an Airgas if you have one near by.

It cost more for delivery than the product and cylinder rental is less than $5 per month.

6 Likes

Correct!

Same goes for oxygen

It all boils down to chain of custody on the tanks

7 Likes

Chromatograph grade

4 Likes

Yeah it’s only a couple bucks more for filling food grade tanks.

2 Likes

@MathewScott yeah, there is an airgas close by, I try to avoid it because one of the guys there always hits on me, but I guess I can send a male friend to pick one up.

Thanks everyone. I’ll definitely go with food grade then :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’ll definitely go with food grade then :heart:

1 Like

Hey, I’m up here in wasilla Alaska. Tried ordering through our local airgas, a couple of tanks of either medical, or minimum food grade nitrogen. I was told in a lengthy email no.

“I can tell you off the cuff we are not allowed under any circumstance to provide any food grade product to an IFBE customer.”
for anyone that doesn’t know, Airgas internal lingo an IFBE customer (Indoor farming, biomass, extraction) is under the same umbrella that defines how it is regulated for us along with the review process.

Anyone ever have any issues like this?
They’re willing to sell me industrial grade all day, but no food or medical. My facility is licensed, and my building Is classified as h3 . Seems kind of bizarre…

5 Likes

Medical n2o is the only thing they have ever refused to sell me😂

7 Likes

thats what you get for following rules- more rules. similar to a fishing lure to a fish= you got caught when you followed teh first rule.

I have the same problems at he stores.

All the air gas in San Diego suck. Wish the praxaire wasn’t so far. Air gas is whack af in like every single aspect. Hoping as more hydrocarbon licenses turn on we get a bit more support.

3 Likes

The store manager told me airgas is owned by a bunch of attorneys from California, and really don’t want any of our business.

2 Likes

Ya they asked for an updated copy of my license the other day to buy nitrogen. They definitely don’t want our business and I can’t wait until someone else comes around I can give it to tbh.

6 Likes

Thankfully I have another source for bev/food grade. Hoping people up here aren’t settling for the nasty tanks industrial comeS in. They told me only a small percentage of us up here have met this roadblock, and industrial has been just fine for the rest of the ifbe customers :confused:

my tank is from airgas but food grade isnt an issue. My wook saw tanks and started blurting out about nitrous and the airgas employee kinda threatened to not sell me nitrogen? I guess i told wook notrogen is different than nitrous but it alerted the employee.