What do you look for in a gas supplier

Hey all,

I’m picking up some distribution markets for an awesome (imho) gas processor that’s cleaning solvents solely and specifically for the cannabis industry.

I was hoping y’all could share some input on your considerations when sourcing gas and choosing your regular supplier. At the end of the day, I think our product really stands out in the market and I have no interest on pushing gas based purely on price so it’d be helpful for me to hear from the community about what y’all care about.

Any input welcome. Thanks in advance. And, of course, if you want a sample I’m only a DM away.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Lowest price, highest quality, fastest delivery.

No tomfoolery

9 Likes

What makes your gas stand out? How is it better than the competitions?

4 Likes

Noted. Cover the basics. Got it. Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

most gas for our industry is 99.5% pure… then its just a matter of who can get it to me the fastest for the best price and whats the tradeoff.

6 Likes

Forgive me for the copy pasta but this is what I’ve been working on after touring the plant and a lengthy meeting with our lead chemist.

Highlights:

• Sourcing and producing specifically for cannabis extraction.
  • Above standard in house GC to test incoming and final product.
  • Not claiming to have mastered mystery oil but gas is cleaned to specifically remove concerning impurities.
  • Use above industry standard ASTM/GPA testing guidelines.
  • Chemist is available to directly interface with customers to address questions/concerns and/or create customized blends for specific needs. All blends gravimetrically blended.
  • Final COA’s are generated from final cylindered product to ensure no cross contamination–they’re also verified by a third party lab.
  • We retain samples of every batch of gas indefinitely to crosscheck if problems ever arise.

Pertinent Full text:

Our ethos values trust and transparency above all else. We don’t play any games with our tests. In fact, we use an industry leading Agilent 7890A gas chromatograph that employs both flame ionization and flame photometric detectors and is 1,000 times more sensitive than required under ASTM/GPA guidelines. This means we test at the parts per billion level instead of parts per million. When our processor takes gas into their facility they spot test the gas to make sure it’s up to our strict standards. The gas then undergoes a rigorous cleaning process which removes impurities—and, because you deserve the best, we don’t stop there. Throughout the cleaning process we continuously run samples through our in house GC using GPA Method 2163 to detect any remaining hydrocarbons and olefins then GPA Method 5623 to conduct a speciated sulfur analysis. Finally, we run the finished, cylindered product through both methods again to ensure there is no contamination during the cylindering process.

3 Likes

Interesting. So, hypothetically, if price point and delivery speed were comparable, would purity play a role in your decision? Customer service? Do you consider everything over 99.5% basically the same, or do you take into consideration what the extra .5% may be? Thanks again for the thoughts.

1 Like

most gas ive seen is 99.8 pure but i just said .5 for basics. i think most gas is the same purity and the other 2 factors are really all that count from what ive seen. Customer service is part of delivery speed but thats another aspect but probably not as important as the other 2

tank cleaning and other factors ive seen matter less as long as the gas is clean for the most part.

7 Likes

I agree.

Mystery oil free, so users don’t have to distill. That’s the next big step imo

Who knows if that’s even realistic though lol

3 Likes

i dont think its ever gonna be possible because of the inside welds that are nearly impossible to clean

so by nature most of us have to distill the gas. Ive talked to several suppliers and even some of their suppliers…and most is the same…

4 Likes

Just be aware that many here read essentially every post. If your schtick gets repetitive, we’re gonna hold it against you. We’ve already got a gas supplier around here who seems to think spam is an effective business practice.

6 Likes

Most important part of supplying gas: don’t act like solvent direct

4 Likes

they are killing it…while they take a lot of shit here… i have insight to their business and its fucking booming too

4 Likes

Heard he is so busy he sleeps in the warehouse

Or something along those lines lol

2 Likes

i sleep in my warehouse too… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

matter a fact im typing still from the warehouse…and about to go to sleep

4 Likes

“Maybe you’ll think about how your hurting people that have committed their lives to trying to help you as i sit here in a warehouse at 7:38pm wearing steel toe boots ive had on since 4:45am hungry and tired answering your hate while my lady waits to see me for a few minutes before i pass out from exhaustion on the couch tonight.”

Love,
solvent direct

3 Likes

You sleep in your storage units?

3 Likes

Cool man, that’s all really helpful, thanks for the insight.

3 Likes

When the wife gets mad. There are 2 rooms I use in the house as storage as well. And the office is at the house. So technically I have 2 warehouse. Expansion :crazy_face::joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Excellent point. I was planning on using this space solely for offering samples every few weeks and learning. If I go back on that, someone call me out for this post!

3 Likes