What do you extract with and why?

I know wet scrubbing is generally not as effective as a dry scrub or scrub in an alkane like heptane but @Renchi mentioned this in the etho color thread about filtering ethanol though T5 so I imagine it could work similarly with iso: What do you extract with and why? - #54 by Renchi

You can do it both ways. I always filter using etho, so that would work for your ip. People seem to uniformly say that you get better results doing a dry scrub. So to each their own on this really.

Hell ya thank you gents. ill try a few different things and post my results.

Hoping someone one on this site can help me make sure I am running this machine for the best harvest. Been running it for 4 months and really have my own experience with it the go on. Temprature and pressure are one of my wonders on this system. Not sure if Iā€™m doing it right.

@Raybhayes1
May I ask exactly what you are referring to? Your post is vague and to be able to assist you we need to know which machine it is and what solvent. Could be bho could be something else.

As soon as we get clarity and some further parameters it will be easier. What, for example, is it your arenā€™t sure about?

3 Likes

Apeks CO2.

hemp.

may have a spork allergy :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I know. He hit me up after that post and I told him to make the apeks thread, seeing that it seemed like he might need some assistance due to him not being used this. I know we normally tell people to use the search bar, this time I thought he could find someone to help him via dm.

God knows I sometimes really would like some help digging through all the info. Iā€™m scratching my head trying to make sauce and diamonds with etho, lol. Everyone isnā€™t as capable as you, homie. Hehehe.

4 Likes

like doing things the hard way huh?

@tweedledew has suggested around here that louching into pentane might be your best bet. way easier to rotovap the pentane off without losing the terps.

I need to throw some decent product at the problem to confirmā€¦ but first I need to get the *^(&#@Q($#Qing chiller working. :wink:

Edit: pentane should also make the magic dirt more effective, should you wanna go all #chloroxcrew on it.

5 Likes

Lol. Indeed. That is actually what Iā€™m aiming to try. Waiting for some things to align and am working with what I have atm. Doing some small batch acetone tryouts in the upcoming days. But youā€™re right, cold crashing with pentane is what I really want to try once Iā€™m able to.

But I got an op from soil to oil about a potential sand that also would separate the terp layer, kinda making a sauce. So i wanted to try that to with the etho. So much changed after this crash it will take a minute to perfect these new techniques.

2 Likes

Were using Hexane with 3% methyl acetate for room temp column extraction.

Were are left with on average less than 0.5% cbd in the biomass after extraction.

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420
how much t5 and carbon are you putting in per kg of decarbed crude?

yeah, Iā€™ve got one.
I could not make anything but a mess with it.

what did you have in mind?
Because Iā€™m happy to try itā€¦

We are convinced by the results our extractor uses with hexane.

What are you convinced by? Residuals? If so have you mentioned it to the extractor?
@Fusion

The results, mostly Cbda and the preservation of terps. We take this and blend w carrier oil and our customers provide great feedback.

1 Like

Have you asked?

Not sure what you mean? We test residuals, and they are below accepted levels and everything is great with our product.

1 Like

I only meant that if you are not sure what solvent your extractor uses, an easy way to find out would be to ask. Since it seems you donā€™t know. That was what I meant.

1 Like

They use hexane / multi fuel.

@Kingofthekush420 is the centrifuge used in your sop sealed tight and ventilated? Because I was thinking windage generated in the centrifuge would cause vaporization of the solvent that would have to be dealt with. Or is that only an issue with more volitale solvents? Thanks.

1 Like