What do people think of this COA

https://lims.tagleaf.com/coas/BDvd3WalxEGJikOfB1lsa0Yblb2xcjkD0oqmmHtYwHzkLr4nF6

What does everyone think of this? Its for a VERY wide spread black market brand. Not saying who, but the test says 5.8% D8.

Is that enough to warrant a conversion? I remember being told if its above like 4% or something like that it might be.

2 Likes

I would think .5%+ would warrant conversation of conversion. 1%+, 100% conversion.

3 Likes

I think it’s a good conversion.

6 Likes

Exactly what I think.

Thank you.

I need to tell people this ASAP.

1 Like

I’ve seen that % in poorly made d9 distillate if someone distilled acidic crude.

14 Likes

I believe the oil is CAT2 from what the brand owner says and has advertised as but he also says he sells CAT3

He’s been doing very sketchy things the past year or so

1 Like

Cat2 like it passes category 2 pesticide tests meaning it won’t pass all pesticide screening? Lol

3 Likes

Didn’t even think of that but that makes even more sense as well on the labs end.

I noticed the N/A on some pesticides and residual solvents as well.

There is a mystery peak near d8 that is sometimes mistaken for it. I’ve talked about it before but didn’t post, I will try to this week.

Also d8 can be made on accident from high d9 oil. When people cared more about water clear d9 it was always kind of a bragging right to be able to make it with only d9 and not convert the d9 into d8.

Acidic carbons, acidic silica, acidic clay all help strip colors and can all cause conversion from d9 to d8 after redistillation. It’s possible this oil went through a color remediation process that used one of the mentioned consumables.

Pesticides are another clue that this is not conversion. I would think bifenezate wouldn’t be there if it were converted from cbd, which is easy to remediate through crystallizing again.

10 Likes

I don’t think it’s a conversion. The minors don’t make sense for it.

If it is…. That’s some pretty damn good work.

5 Likes

No way lol. I see 2-3% D8 in tons of samples that were not made from CBD. Very common in hydrocarbon extracts ran through CRC. All different extractors (many are members here), all different crc SOP’s. Pretty sure most labs just don’t care enough to differentiate the D8 when they’re told it’s a D9 sample but it’s there. Try telling the lab there’s a little D8 added and suddenly they will find what was always there.

Surface area, heat, acidic dirt. Ripe conditions

15 Likes

Sloppily run conversion mixed 50/50 with regular D9 distillate.

I got $100 on it anyone in?

2 Likes

95%+ is good

So do you agree with me that this is just shitty run conversion mixed with regular distillate?

2 Likes

I’d definitely guess it’s a conversion

Especially with cbd and d8 in there

3 Likes

There are ways to mitigate it but this is 100% true.

4 Likes

This looks much more like a partly isomerized d9 distilate, rather than a conversion from CBD.

5 Likes

Thats what i noticed.

CBD and CBG and D8, 5%??

Either really shitty crude and material turned into crude or its a conversion. Either way its still shitty distillate.

1 Like

There’s almost always cbd and cbg in natural distillate

Ethanol extracted d9 often has more cbd and cbg than hydrocarbon

Are you Elliot or someone else?? Maybe a new name

4 Likes

Well no conversion is good to me. Also get this, I spoke to the rep of this brand, I used to know the owner of the brand directly but since stopped working with him, probably about 8 months ago I dropped him. Anyway, the rep, he said it’s cheaper and theres no difference when I asked him about the converted liter and said I think his carts are using converted dist. Said he can “put in a special request for better distillate” but I know he won’t, he thinks they’re true high quality when its food grade terpenes and well, questionable distillate to say the least.

Essentially he said, “it’s cheaper and people don’t care or notice and I can request higher quality I just don’t have a reason too”

1 Like